Change starts now :) Who is with me?

Options
Alright everyone, here I go! Today is the day I'm giving it my all. I've already started off by drinking water this morning.

For anyone who wants to join me, feel free! I'm just tired of starting and stopping, starting and stopping, and being in the same spot as I was four months down the road.

If you struggle with staying motivated or expect results after your first workout, you are just like me, LOL!

Let's stick with this, and make 2011 our year :)

L.

Replies

• Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I'm with you , and have just finished my first workout of the new start, so how did you do today ?

Aid :o)
  • tramrunsfast
    Options
    Alright everyone, here I go! Today is the day I'm giving it my all. I've already started off by drinking water this morning.

For anyone who wants to join me, feel free! I'm just tired of starting and stopping, starting and stopping, and being in the same spot as I was four months down the road.

If you struggle with staying motivated or expect results after your first workout, you are just like me, LOL!

Let's stick with this, and make 2011 our year :)

L.

I'm with you! My first day as well!
  • Margiewar
    Margiewar Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You hit it on the head. I've walked my mile and that is all I'm going to commit to. If I do more that will be great.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am doing weights later on tonight. I REALLY want to get out and go for a run, but most of the road is still covered with ice. We got slammed with a major snowstorm a few weeks ago, and because we are a rural community, cars do most of the plowing LOL! There's literally over an inch of ice on the roads in some places!

Either way, I am going to do an upper body workout tonight, plus abs.

L.
  • hotpickles
    Options
    You hit it on the head. I've walked my mile and that is all I'm going to commit to. If I do more that will be great.

Good job! I know sometimes if I plan a lot of workouts and I don't get them all in, I get discouraged. That's why I'm committing to my weights today.

L.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Im with you and everyone else who is back to reality after the holidays...People are so nice giving gifts of cookies, candy and cakes.......but cash would have been better on my waist line....
  • sumirei
    Options
    I am with you. I've had too much cakes & goodies this joyful season.
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i'm defitely with u... i wrote a blog yesterday, u should read it.... i have no promblem with excersise.. i wear a perdometer 2 work. i adverage approx 11,000+ steps. usually 450 or higher calories burned!!!! i am soooooo addicted 2 the gym we go 2...so we try ( my bf & i ) 2 work out at least 3 or 4 tymes a wk... my worst promblem is eating this , & that!!!!!!! :grumble: :frown: :cry: :sad:
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :happy: this message to jogginaltheway , we jus finished breakfast ( my bf & i, gym dont open til after 12 noon ) but this is my plan 4 the day!! we ( always ) do cardio 1st. aint gonna stop til i burned at least 500 calories.. I always go 4 the calories, not tyme! then as 4 stregth, there i tyme me! not less then 30 minutes worth of work out tyme. then comes desert!!!! we do not less then 45 - 60 minutes in the swimming pool. laps, vortex, & water wts.....
  • NancyMoedt
    Options
    I'm with you too. This is going to be a great year! :happy:
  • harley47920
    harley47920 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! After keeping track of my food intake all week (YIKES), I can see where I'm failing with this weight loss goal of mine. I am going to start the day with a tall glass of water and a boiled egg. This is much better than the breakfast muffins or cinnamon rolls that I usually eat. This will also give me my boost of protein to start the day & it will keep me full until lunch.

I'm also looking into joining a gym for the treadmill benefit. It's too cold and snowy to walk outside.

:o)
  • NancyMoedt
    Options
    Today I weighed in and took my measurements. I realized that I'm better than I was last year and wanted to change.

Had a protein shake with my vitamins and 2 glasses of water.

It's mostly going to be church today but I will get a 30 minute walk in there too.

Thank you all for being my inspiration.

Hugs.
  • sandygettingfit
    sandygettingfit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm so with you! All the food from the holidays at work and at my in-laws set me back. I'm ready to get back on track. I plan on going for a nice run in an hour, now that the weather seems nicer!
  • hotpickles
    Options
    Yay! It's great to have so many on board! Let's do this!

L.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Im in!!! all this indulgence has me feeling AWFUL!!!!
  • hotpickles
    Options
    I think the worst for me is when I start up something, I get so impatient and want to see results ASAP. I need the motivation and push to keep going, even if I'm not seeing results. Then, four months down the road, I'm in the same spot, and think, if I would have just stuck with this........

Well no more. I'm going to find a way to stay motivated even if I can't get through a workout, or I struggle with some exercises.

L.
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm with ya!
  • Jamaica2
    Jamaica2 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I have been getting my workouts in just because I'm in my 9th week and I didn't want to mess up my record. But....... the eating has been out of control. I am going to work hard to stay under 1400 calories. That would have been easy 2 weeks ago. I want to get back in control!!!!!!!
  • hotpickles
    Options
    Great! Good to have you along!

L.
  • hotpickles
    Options
    How's everyone doing?

I'm on my 7th and 8th glass of water right now (big plastic cup = 2 cups lol).

I'm going to do weights and abs later on tonight!

L.