How to Report Users in Real Life?

Options
Burt_Huttz
Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
Hello everyone,

There's a really useful feature on MFP to report posts that I don't like.

Is there a way I can do this with people in person? I do it all the time at work with HR and in my neighborhood I'm lucky to have a homeowner's association so send a lot of e-mails to the HOA president.

But what if I'm like at a home depot or walmart or something and someone says or does something that rubs me the wrong way? It seems like calling the police might be an overreaction, but I don't know if store management can give strikes or ban customers the way I think they should? Especially for personal appearance and clothing things that bother my sensibilities.

PLEASE HELP.

With love,
Burt

Replies

• WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Yes it's called throat punch! Works wonders!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I suggest contacting your Congressman. They might be able to pass a law that makes the offending party's actions illegal.

Good luck Burt.
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You fill out a hurt feelings report and hand it in to your nearest person of authority. In home depot that could be the floor manager.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Just break up
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    chuckpunch1.gif?w=640
    rinse and repeat.
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Just break up

omg
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You wait for them in the parking lot and hit them with your car. No sense hurting your hand when you car can easily handle the impact of a human body.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Just tell them directly and charge them $5 for your service.
    Tell them you saved them an *kitten* whipping...
  • valkaree
    Options
    Yes, this is nothing our government can't handle.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a strongly worded letter to the editor? That sets up a nice documentation trail, sends a signal of clear condemnation, and puts them on notice. Also sends a broader message to others who might consider similar behavior.
  • bluuu123
    Options
    LOL

just beware, NSA is watching

now they're after you
  • ItsMeBlue
    ItsMeBlue Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    only shop where people aren't welcome.
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oh please be satire. So hard to tell with the widespread ignorance in today's society.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Whatever store you find yourself in, go immediately to the in store phone system. Pick up phone and begin reporting the offense to all other shoppers via the intercom system.

stock-photo-help-desk-or-consult-icon-or-button-or-online-support-call-center-customer-service-174325817.jpg
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    If you send a strongly worded letter to the FCC, they will put a black bar across the offending person's mouth and a five-second delay on everything that person says.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Oooh a slippery slope of butthurt retribution! I like it OP. Once we figure out how we can bust people outside the internets for offending our sensibilities, I'm coming for you Burt.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Do you not have a direct line to Obama?

I mean, I've got Cameron's number on speed dial.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You should just post it here in a long winded and whiney manner, that'll show em.
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I usually just whisper my complaints to my kids and then let them scream out their thoughts. Usually works well.