What is your FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars.

What the... What??
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    In before the lock:

Isaiah 40:31
    31 but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint.

Yes, that is one of my favorites. .

*Yes. . . and it is sad that there couldn't just be a nice bit of INSPIRATION. . without drama. . I don't know why if you don't share the same beliefs you don't just STAY AWAY. . . Please leave so that those of us that want to share scriptures can. .

*SIDENOTE* I already put it up for moderation. . due to the THREADKILLERS sorry to everyone else that takes it SERIOUSLY and GOD BLESS you.

Come find us in the Group CHRISTIANS UNITE and feel free to SHARE there. . . or START a new TOPIC. .

And GROUP CRASHING will not be tolerated! PEACE:smile:

LOL did you really think you were not going to get responses you didn't like?
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian, Sunday School teacher and getting my Theology degree. One of my best friends for life is an Atheist, we joke about Scripture all the time. I love this thread, especially the Atheists quoting scripture, even if it's meant to be tongue in cheek at least you know it :smile: I don't get offended when people don't believe, why should I? after all I posted my favorite scripture was "1 John 4: 8 whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." How can I quote that and be angry about someone just not believing what I do?

Have a Blessed Day (No this is not condescending, I actually mean it :laugh: )
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian, Sunday School teacher and getting my Theology degree. One of my best friends for life is an Atheist, we joke about Scripture all the time. I love this thread, especially the Atheists quoting scripture, even if it's meant to be tongue in cheek at least you know it :smile: I don't get offended when people don't believe, why should I? after all I posted my favorite scripture was "1 John 4: 8 whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." How can I quote that and be angry about someone just not believing what I do?

Holy *kitten*! A realy Christian!
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    "I believe in everything, nothing is sacred. I believe in nothing, everything is sacred." -Tom Robbins, possibly paraphrased
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    2 Chronicles 36:16

... but they continually mocked the messengers of God, despised His words and scoffed at His prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against His people, until there was no remedy.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I'm pretty sure my least favorite is "Thall shalt not covet thy neighbor's....*kitten*..." I'm sorry, but have you SEEN some I the *kitten* here? I'm only human.

Hey! Nice *kitten*! You know, not that I'd want it or anything. Now, if I could borrow it a few times a week, that would be nifty.
  • shannon051703
    shannon051703 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not really sure why those that have a fav scripture can't just reply why those that don't or aren't interested can't just skip over it.... that's what I do with posts that don't pertain to me... hmm... maybe I'm too logical?

My favorite is Jeremiah 29:11:

I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Actually I have not been on here in about 2 years. . . so I will have to read all the new ones that have been instated during my absence. . . PEOPLE could just be nice, but that's just me.

That rule is not new. Divisive topics are better suited for groups. It's been a rule since I started.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Most of Leviticus is a real hoot...

Way to fit a whooooole bunch of stereotypes there, OP.
  • shannon051703
    shannon051703 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

So you know the rules of the site, willingly violate them, and then blame others for the mess you created.

Yep. You're a real Christian alright.

Actually I have not been on here in about 2 years. . . so I will have to read all the new ones that have been instated during my absence. . . PEOPLE could just be nice, but that's just me.

I quoted the relevant bit back on page 1 for you.
  • dj1skywalker
    Options
    Yoda chapter 2 verse 6: "Do, or do not, there is no try".

Christian and still believe in this ^^
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

And out of the wilds it came, a creature so mysterious, so unlikely... so, righteous... a real, honest-to-goodness Christian.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I'm pretty sure my least favorite is "Thall shalt not covet thy neighbor's....*kitten*..." I'm sorry, but have you SEEN some I the *kitten* here? I'm only human.
    It's OK. None of us are your neighbors.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Matthew 6 25-34

Do Not Worry(AB)

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry(AC) about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.(AD) Are you not much more valuable than they?(AE) 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?(AF)

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor(AG) was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?(AH) 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.(AI) 33 But seek first his kingdom(AJ) and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.(AK) 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I should point to real scripture passages that I enjoy:

"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." Exodus 33:11
    "And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." Exodus 33:20

Or maybe it's

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3
    "Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen." Romans 15:33

Wait, something's wrong...

The Lord is a thoroughbred racehorse? I don't remember that from cataclysm- er, I mean catechism class.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Darwin I:5

"In considering the Origin of Species, it is quite conceivable that a naturalist, reflecting on the mutual affinities of organic beings, on their embryological relations, their geographical distribution, geological succession, and other such facts, might come to the conclusion that each species had not been independently created, but had descended, like varieties, from other species."

+1
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

I'm with ya here sister!
This discussion has been closed.