Fitbit ????'s

Options
Anyone use the fitbit and LOVE it…or even anyone the other way. Looking at buying one and would like some input before I take the plunge =) thanks in advance

Replies

• cork1961
    cork1961 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yep - love it. Love when it buzzes to tel me that I've hit my step goal. Love that it keeps track of how I sleep. Bought the scale too and tied it all into MFP. Don't even need to think about my weight, no obsessing. Makes it easier for me to just focus on eating healthy and moving more.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I'm so in love with my fitbit. Tells me how much I step, when I hit my goal of 60 active minutes (eliptical) and even how well I sleep during the night! I recommend! It also automatically add's your calories burned to MFP so that's also nice! Do it!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex and i really like it. It motivates me to move more. For example, last night i was on the treadmill at home, and i made myself stay on til i hit my daily goal. I've done this many times.

I also enjoy the celebration lights and vibration when you hit your goal.

I will eventually try the scale too.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    @cork1961 I was wondering about the scale. That automatically syncs your weight too???? Uh oh I see another purchase coming soon!!
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have a One. I wanted one for a long time, and ended up getting one for free from work. I've had it for about 2 months and while I like it, I'm glad I didn't spend the money. I like that it keeps track of my steps, but I do everything on MFP and everything calorie-burn wise I do I base on my HRM, which was only $50.
  • cork1961
    Options
    Yes mneil02, syncs weight, and gives % body fat. In some ways, it's even more exciting to see that change!
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've had my fitbit for a few years. Loved it at first, but kind of lost interest. It'd been sitting in a drawer for a while. But I recently found FitRPG - a game app that links to your fitbit. You create a character, choose a race, and your steps level it up. You can do quests, like "Walk 5,000 steps now", to get gold to buy armor and weapons and potions, and you can battle friends for experience and gold. Only had it a couple days, but I'm in love. It's really motivated me.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    +1 on the scale. Having it do all the logging for you is great. I really like to see the graphs over time to see how I am doing and you never have to wonder how much you weighed last year.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I've had my fitbit for a few years. Loved it at first, but kind of lost interest. It'd been sitting in a drawer for a while. But I recently found FitRPG - a game app that links to your fitbit. You create a character, choose a race, and your steps level it up. You can do quests, like "Walk 5,000 steps now", to get gold to buy armor and weapons and potions, and you can battle friends for experience and gold. Only had it a couple days, but I'm in love. It's really motivated me.
    I love my Fitbit. I've worn it every day since receiving it on Christmas 2012. It definitely motivates me to move more during the day. I have a few friends who own one and it's a competition for who can get the most steps.

I hadn't heard of this game before. I sounds right up my alley. Thanks!
  • cork1961
    Options
    Love the game concept. Will definitely check it out.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and LOVE it. Its always on my hip/pocket/waist. But there are many devices on the market and so its wise to do a little research and think about what features you want.

The One is discreet, clips on your pants or some wear it on their bra. Its small, not cumbersome, and has information that displays on the device so its easy to check your step count. (Though if on your bra, you might get some odd looks if you look too often!) It is not water proof, but counts steps & logs flights of stairs based on altitude change. Does not have a HRM function.

The Fitbit Flex counts steps, but is worn on the wrist like a watch. Does not have a display but both Fitbits can sync to compatible phones or to the computer. Flex does not count flights but is water resistant. Less chance of forgetting its on your clothes and throwing it in the washing machine. (One is NOT waterproof.)

My husband didn't care for either of these setups and we just bought him a Polar Loop. Its watch style, but displays information on the unit and can be paired with a Polar HRM and use that info for a more accurate calorie burn during cardio. It is also water proof, with a stronger claim that Fitbit Flex's water resistency. It arrived yesterday.

I know Fitbit syncs well with MFP - I am not sure if the Polar Loop does.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and LOVE it. Its always on my hip/pocket/waist. But there are many devices on the market and so its wise to do a little research and think about what features you want.

The One is discreet, clips on your pants or some wear it on their bra. Its small, not cumbersome, and has information that displays on the device so its easy to check your step count. (Though if on your bra, you might get some odd looks if you look too often!) It is not water proof, but counts steps & logs flights of stairs based on altitude change. Does not have a HRM function.

The Fitbit Flex counts steps, but is worn on the wrist like a watch. Does not have a display but both Fitbits can sync to compatible phones or to the computer. Flex does not count flights but is water resistant. Less chance of forgetting its on your clothes and throwing it in the washing machine. (One is NOT waterproof.)

My husband didn't care for either of these setups and we just bought him a Polar Loop. Its watch style, but displays information on the unit and can be paired with a Polar HRM and use that info for a more accurate calorie burn during cardio. It is also water proof, with a stronger claim that Fitbit Flex's water resistency. It arrived yesterday.

I know Fitbit syncs well with MFP - I am not sure if the Polar Loop does.

Some very good points. I should point out that I wear the One in the center of my bra. It syncs to my Android phone via an app so I don't need to pull it out to check it if I don't want to. It's very accurate in that position, I've never had it come loose from there and it's not noticeable to anyone else.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Got my One for Christmas 2013. After doing some research into Fitness gadgets, decided I'd prefer the One over the Flex/Force (Force no longer for sale) as I don't like wearing anything on my wrists. No regrets. Its not a magic device, but a great tool for measuring my activity level. And for setting goals. I have a goal for how many calories burned I want to be at after my lunch hour, at 5:00 when the end of the work day rolls around, and for total daily. I feel that using that in combination with weighing my food and tracking my calories in has helped to insure I'm regularly in a calorie deficit.
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options

oooh nice. Data gathering and fun :D

I've had my fitbit about a year now, and I use it synced with MFP. I have MFP set to sedentary and let the fitbit adjust it up or down from there based on my actual activity. I found it very useful for maintenance.
  • jaimie120
    jaimie120 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have had my Fitbit Flex since November 2013, I love it, it keeps me motivated, tracks everything and uploads to MFP. I find that it is more effective for me for days when I have not been active, it guilt's me into getting off my butt. I also love the silent alarm rather than that awful EEE EEE EEE EEE sounds from traditional alarm clocks. I just ordered the Aria scale to use in conjunction with my Fitbit, I hope I like it!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for 2 weeks now and so far I really like it. It definitely motivates me to move more, which is a great thing.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    LOVE THE FITBIT. It was making my counts more accurate. Too bad I lost it. I need to buy a new one :( It's a great choice to get one. Seriously recommend it.
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options

Oh I have to look for this!! Sounds fun!!!
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex, I like it for the most part, but it being on my wrist can sometimes miss out on a lot of steps I'm taking. Like if I'm walking and texting or walking and pushing a grocery cart, I'm not getting credit for those steps. I find that I just end up putting it in to my pocket to get the steps counted.
  • JenLosesIt
    JenLosesIt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm so in love with my fitbit. Tells me how much I step, when I hit my goal of 60 active minutes (eliptical) and even how well I sleep during the night! I recommend! It also automatically add's your calories burned to MFP so that's also nice! Do it!

Which fitbit do you have?