BMR / TDEE? Starvation mode? Overwhelmed & CONFUSED!

Options
13»

Replies

• kvansanity
    kvansanity Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me... Dude not everyone can eat 2000 calories a day and lose weight especially if her TDEE is 2200. That's only a 200 deficit and with underestimation of calories and overestimation of exercise she's just going to maintain.

*editing, forgot to hit quote button but I'm replying to the guy that said to eat 2000 a day*

Her TDEE is 2200. Did you miss that part?

Definitely addressed that in my post. I'm saying a 200 calorie deficit is going to show very slow results and since she nobody be 100% accurate with calories it may not even cause weight loss.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    I am with vismal on this. Look how much he has lost. He knows what he is talking about.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me... Dude not everyone can eat 2000 calories a day and lose weight especially if her TDEE is 2200. That's only a 200 deficit and with underestimation of calories and overestimation of exercise she's just going to maintain.

*editing, forgot to hit quote button but I'm replying to the guy that said to eat 2000 a day*

Definitely addressed that in my post. I'm saying a 200 calorie deficit is going to show very slow results and since she nobody be 100% accurate with calories it may not even cause weight loss.

First part of this isn't about a deficit to lose weight, it's about getting a healthy body back so you can then move forward and lose weight in a reasonable healthy manner, with the negative results already experienced. If some is lost, great.

Called taking a diet break, really a good idea for everyone from time to time. In fact better to do it when not needed, then wait too long and that's only nice option left.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options

You obviously didn't read what I wrote. The 2000 calories is not meant as her final weight loss number. It's meant as a 2 week diet break to give her a chance to establish good calorie counting habits. Right now her logging of food isn't very tight so her current calorie intake number is more of a guess. Her estimated TDEE of around 2200 seems like it's probably accurate given her height, weight, and activity level. Even the best of calorie counters make errors so picking 2000 calories for a "maintenance break" with a TDEE somewhere in the neighborhood of 2200 seems reasonable. After two weeks of strict calorie counting she can begin reducing calories slowly until weight loss occurs. Please read comments completely before posting...
  • dluckylucas
    dluckylucas Posts: 23 Member
    Options

You obviously didn't read what I wrote. The 2000 calories is not meant as her final weight loss number. It's meant as a 2 week diet break to give her a chance to establish good calorie counting habits. Right now her logging of food isn't very tight so her current calorie intake number is more of a guess. Her estimated TDEE of around 2200 seems like it's probably accurate given her height, weight, and activity level. Even the best of calorie counters make errors so picking 2000 calories for a "maintenance break" with a TDEE somewhere in the neighborhood of 2200 seems reasonable. After two weeks of strict calorie counting she can begin reducing calories slowly until weight loss occurs. Please read comments completely before posting...

Just got back from a 60 min. body conditioning class and 20 minutes on the tread mill! Time to re-fuel! I am trying my best to get calories back up with out going over on carbs and sugar.... that will be trickier. Also, I am trying to really watch portion control so that will make it tough too. Suggestions on foods? Meal planning?
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options

Just got back from a 60 min. body conditioning class and 20 minutes on the tread mill! Time to re-fuel! I am trying my best to get calories back up with out going over on carbs and sugar.... that will be trickier. Also, I am trying to really watch portion control so that will make it tough too. Suggestions on foods? Meal planning?
    First off, what are your protein, carb, and fat goals for the day?
  • dluckylucas
    Options
    Okay, here are my stats/ results from the day. It is set at 1490 and I am still having trouble getting to that number, I am even adding in almonds, protein bars & shakes. I basically had a gluten free english muffin/ egg & veggie sausage 4 breakfast. Protein shake 4 lunch & amys organic gluten free / dairy free burrito for dinner (added avocado) with homemade purple potato salad and caprese salad. As you can see I still didn't make my calorie goal and I feel like I ate all day!

calories carbs fat protein fiber sugar

Totals 1,416 146 60 85 22 48

Goal 1,490 186 50 75 25 56

Remaining 74 40 -10 -10 3 8
  • dluckylucas
    Options
    Okay, here are my stats/ results from the day. It is set at 1490 and I am still having trouble getting to that number, I am even adding in almonds, protein bars & shakes. I basically had a gluten free english muffin/ egg & veggie sausage 4 breakfast. Protein shake 4 lunch & amys organic gluten free / dairy free burrito for dinner (added avocado) with homemade purple potato salad and caprese salad. As you can see I still didn't make my calorie goal and I feel like I ate all day!

calories carbs fat protein fiber sugar

Totals 1,416 146 60 85 22 48

Goal 1,490 186 50 75 25 56

Remaining 74 40 -10 -10 3 8
  • dluckylucas
    Options
    There are my stats above
    First off, what are your protein, carb, and fat goals for the day?