When you go to GYM in the morning or in the evening

Options

Replies

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    I've run before work and felt jazzed for an hour or two then wanted to fall asleep. I thought it was odd since I always hear about how energized morning workouts make people throughout the day. I guess not for me. Has anyone ever experienced this?
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I like to swim in the morning, lately the pool is crowded so I am going to try the afternoon for a bit. It's all about getting a lap lane.
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I workout at 6am 4 mornings a week, 1 evening workout and the weekend is a later morning start.

I often do dinner or meet for drinks after work, so this way I can get a workout in and it sets my day up.

Also, interesting to know about sleep probs and working out, I have LONG suffered with sleeping/anxiety issues and find working out in the morning is much better.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Evenings. I used to workout in the morning but I just can't get up that early anymore.
  • Gingersfit
    Options
    Right there with you doty0815... On Monday, Wednesday, Friday (drive into work those days) I'm up around 4:45 getting in cardio -- doing Zombies, Run 5K training and it's usually about 50 minutes. Have to be up that early so I can get out of the shower about the time my son needs in to get ready for school. On Tuesday, Thursday I work from home, so I hit the gym around 6:00 for weights. Saturday usually around 8 and Sunday I walk with a walking group in the afternoons.

I agree getting up that early is hard... I argue with myself every morning but most mornings I win and get up.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    On the weekends, it's first thing in the AM so I can get it out of the way. During the week I have to be up before 5:00 AM as it is, so I wait until after work.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    W - F: Afternoon/Eves
    S - S: 6 am
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    Options
    I can't get out of bed in the morning, I have tried, so workouts for me are all in the evening.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    mornings. because then, no matter how my day goes, at least i worked out that day.

i've worked out in the evening or afternoon before, but i seem to do better in the morning.

^^This^^ I can't even begin to count how many times I planned to workout after work and either got drained at work so no energy for the gym or had something come up that I had to go do after work. Not to mention I use my phone for my music and no one calls to harass me at 5am!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I run outside 3 days a week in the morning but I like to go to my gym at night for the classes.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I prefer afternoons, I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON! Late afternoon works best if the radio cooperates and I don't get toned out. Yesterday was planned to work out at 2 as I had to teach a class last night. The 2 o'clock thing didn't work so I was in the gym at near midnight trying to get it done. It was done, but it wasn't pretty, my butt was dragging!!!!! My feeling is that if I had let the missed workout be an excuse I would begin the slide down that slippery slope, so I got it in. lol
  • arrielle10
    Options
    Either morning (Like 745, I don't do 5am) or early afternoon.

I am a student and work part time. My schedule is more flexible. I can never do evening though. I am busy making dinner and taking care of my son.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I like going in the morning, 8am. There's not many people there in the morning so no waiting ^^
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    usually 6:30pm
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    From work straight to the gym.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    9am: after I get 1 kid on the bus and drop the other at preschool. It's the perfect time to use the weight room...mostly empty.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Every morning, before work, at 0700. On weekends, I take my dog for a long walk right after wake up.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I prefer afternoons. I really am a slow starter. (I don't go to the gym. I use home-based workouts and prefer to be outside). Sometimes, though, the weather or my schedule dictates mornings!
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    during work week, evening

on days off, morning
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I've run before work and felt jazzed for an hour or two then wanted to fall asleep. I thought it was odd since I always hear about how energized morning workouts make people throughout the day. I guess not for me. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Same here. Morning cardio wipes me out. I will do it on weekends if I know I don't have a lot planned. Then it's over with for the day.

My preference for any workout is at 9 pm, but I always end up doing weights in the morning (7 a.m.) and cardio at night ( 6 pm). I live close by the gym, so no big issues getting there.