When you go to GYM in the morning or in the evening

Options
Hello Friends,

What is your tym of workout in the morning time or in the evening.

I love to workout in the evening .
and you.

Replies

• LauraPa1mer
    LauraPa1mer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Never morning!!
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Right over work for me, it tends to be pretty busy at the gym then but I don't mind. I usually don't have much trouble getting on a squat rack and just spend time stretching while I wait when I do.

Mornings would be great as I'm sure the gym is much less busy, but there's no way I'm getting my butt up that early, no sir.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I did the morning workouts for a good 2 months about 5 years ago. But after I stopped for a week, I could never get back into it. Now, I workout in the evenings throughout the week. Sometimes on weekends I'll workout late morning, early afternoon. But with my 8-5 work schedule I'm now pretty much programmed for the evening workouts.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Late morning, lunch, afternoon, evening, or even night. Depends what my scehdule is like. Never early morning.. I feel like I want to vom in the morning.
  • luvmydawgs
    luvmydawgs Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Lunch...I am a working mom and the only time I have is lunch. I love it..not too crowded and I don't have to wait for machines!
  • loralye211
    loralye211 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a sleep study for insomnia, so I've been bombarded with a ton of information to look into. Exercise is just one of the topics. According to sleep medicine, the best time to exercise is at the start of your day. This is because working out increases your body temperature and it takes your body like 4-6 hours to regulate itself. If you're someone who has trouble sleeping, you may want to try getting your workout done earlier in the day.
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Options
    Depends.

Usually in the morning before work if I can get my *kitten* out of bed.
    If I miss it, I go in the evening which tends to be funnier watching the catalogue boys!!
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Lunchtime
  • TheRealNoodlette
    TheRealNoodlette Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Morning. If I don't do it in the morning, it doesn't get done. Although when I take my daughter for her swim lessons in the evening I will often swim too.
  • jmy1975
    jmy1975 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Afternoon or early evening for me. I tried mornings but like others I just can't make myself get up any earlier than I already have to for work. I did morning in college, but then I didn't have class till about 9am so it wasn't too early.
  • denise31992
    denise31992 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Right after work. The gym is on my way home
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Mon - Fri, usually around 1130am
    Sat-Sun -- When the gym opens. 7am on Sat, 8am on Sun
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, period. I do everything in my home gym, and I do it at 5AM Monday-Friday. I used to work out at night but it wasn't for me. By the time I get home after work, I have no energy for working out. I prefer to get up early and get it done so I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day.
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I try to workout as early as possible. Too many other things to do after work.
  • doty0815
    Options
    4:45am.......... its so early but I don't want to miss play time with my kids after work......
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    mornings. because then, no matter how my day goes, at least i worked out that day.

i've worked out in the evening or afternoon before, but i seem to do better in the morning.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My fav time to go is about 11am - after letting breakfast/coffee go down. But I ultimately prefer to go with my hubby when he gets home, so either 3-4pm before supper, or 7-8pm after supper, depending on his day. The 7-8pm shift is always SUPER busy though - think 4-5 people crammed into a tiny gym and using all the machines.
  • Darkhawk1969
    Darkhawk1969 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    4:45am.......... its so early but I don't want to miss play time with my kids after work......

Is that gym open that early - wow!!!
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Love working out in the mornings...sets me up for the day! :drinker:
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the will power to get up early in the mornings and do my workout at the gym, but I just love my sleep so much! I work 8-5 so I always go right after work as my gym is 2 minutes away. I picked it for that reason. I really want to take this bootcamp class my gym is offering but its at 5:00am and I just don't think I can do it! Grr