Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

When you go to GYM in the morning or in the evening

Replies

• I've run before work and felt jazzed for an hour or two then wanted to fall asleep. I thought it was odd since I always hear about how energized morning workouts make people throughout the day. I guess not for me. Has anyone ever experienced this?
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    I like to swim in the morning, lately the pool is crowded so I am going to try the afternoon for a bit. It's all about getting a lap lane.
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    I workout at 6am 4 mornings a week, 1 evening workout and the weekend is a later morning start.

I often do dinner or meet for drinks after work, so this way I can get a workout in and it sets my day up.

Also, interesting to know about sleep probs and working out, I have LONG suffered with sleeping/anxiety issues and find working out in the morning is much better.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    Evenings. I used to workout in the morning but I just can't get up that early anymore.
  • Right there with you doty0815... On Monday, Wednesday, Friday (drive into work those days) I'm up around 4:45 getting in cardio -- doing Zombies, Run 5K training and it's usually about 50 minutes. Have to be up that early so I can get out of the shower about the time my son needs in to get ready for school. On Tuesday, Thursday I work from home, so I hit the gym around 6:00 for weights. Saturday usually around 8 and Sunday I walk with a walking group in the afternoons.

I agree getting up that early is hard... I argue with myself every morning but most mornings I win and get up.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    On the weekends, it's first thing in the AM so I can get it out of the way. During the week I have to be up before 5:00 AM as it is, so I wait until after work.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    W - F: Afternoon/Eves
    S - S: 6 am
  • I can't get out of bed in the morning, I have tried, so workouts for me are all in the evening.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    mornings. because then, no matter how my day goes, at least i worked out that day.

i've worked out in the evening or afternoon before, but i seem to do better in the morning.

^^This^^ I can't even begin to count how many times I planned to workout after work and either got drained at work so no energy for the gym or had something come up that I had to go do after work. Not to mention I use my phone for my music and no one calls to harass me at 5am!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    I run outside 3 days a week in the morning but I like to go to my gym at night for the classes.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    I prefer afternoons, I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON! Late afternoon works best if the radio cooperates and I don't get toned out. Yesterday was planned to work out at 2 as I had to teach a class last night. The 2 o'clock thing didn't work so I was in the gym at near midnight trying to get it done. It was done, but it wasn't pretty, my butt was dragging!!!!! My feeling is that if I had let the missed workout be an excuse I would begin the slide down that slippery slope, so I got it in. lol
  • Either morning (Like 745, I don't do 5am) or early afternoon.

I am a student and work part time. My schedule is more flexible. I can never do evening though. I am busy making dinner and taking care of my son.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    I like going in the morning, 8am. There's not many people there in the morning so no waiting ^^
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    usually 6:30pm
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    From work straight to the gym.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,519 Member
    9am: after I get 1 kid on the bus and drop the other at preschool. It's the perfect time to use the weight room...mostly empty.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Every morning, before work, at 0700. On weekends, I take my dog for a long walk right after wake up.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    I prefer afternoons. I really am a slow starter. (I don't go to the gym. I use home-based workouts and prefer to be outside). Sometimes, though, the weather or my schedule dictates mornings!
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    during work week, evening

on days off, morning
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,153 Member
    I've run before work and felt jazzed for an hour or two then wanted to fall asleep. I thought it was odd since I always hear about how energized morning workouts make people throughout the day. I guess not for me. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Same here. Morning cardio wipes me out. I will do it on weekends if I know I don't have a lot planned. Then it's over with for the day.

My preference for any workout is at 9 pm, but I always end up doing weights in the morning (7 a.m.) and cardio at night ( 6 pm). I live close by the gym, so no big issues getting there.