Thanksgiving Challenge

Anyone interested in joining? It is 3 1/2 weeks until Thanksgiving and I thought we could make a mini goal to shoot for by then.

My current weight 145
Goal weight by Thanksgiving 139
Goal Exercise at least 40 min. 4 days a week

Melanie

Replies

• Anyone interested in joining? It is 3 1/2 weeks until Thanksgiving and I thought we could make a mini goal to shoot for by then.

My current weight 145
    Goal weight by Thanksgiving 139
    Goal Exercise at least 40 min. 4 days a week

Melanie
  • Ill join in

My current weight is 168
    Goal by Thanksgiving 160
    Excercise Goal 40 min. at least 5 days a week
  • 224 to 220
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    I'm game. 181 now, goal 175 thanksgiving. Going for 60 min a day doing whatever exercise I feel like that day. Have fun everyone.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I am definitely in!

Current weigh: 128
    Turkey Day goal weight: 125 (maybe less b/c I will be with my mom and brothers fr our 1st Thanksgiving get together in YEARS and I know I'll gain a few)
    Workout: atleast 30 minutes of cardio 4x a week
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    I've dropped 10 lbs in 2 weeks, but I don't think that is going to continue, so 3 and 1/2 weeks at 1-2 lbs a week, let's say 200 down to 195. 195 by Thanksgiving. Gosh, haven't been under 200 for 6 years. Going to do the little whoopeedeedoo dance when that happens!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Sure! I am currently 166. By Thanksgiving I would like to be 160 to give me a cushion because we are going to my friend's house who is like a big sister to me and she is the best cook in the whole wide world and I always have to at least TRY everything. Unfortuntely, just TRYING her stuff is a whole lot of calories. A lot of creamy things, a lot of oils - good oil like olive oil, but still!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    The real question is, time2wrk, are you going to weigh yourself before or after you go over there. :-)
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Hmmm, depends on how brave I am feeling!!!!! (Ok, I am a wimp, of course it will be before!!!)
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    I will join the challenge. I will have to use my meeting weigh-ins because my scales have gone squirrelly on me. By the time I get to my meetings I have been up for 4 hours, had breakfast and drank at least 20 oz. of liquids. Plus I weigh in fully clothed (no shoes though *grin*).
    I will do my best to wear the same clothes each Friday till the challenge is over.
    At weigh-in yesterday I weighed 146.6 pounds. I would like to lose at least a half of a pound each week.
    My goal weight is 150. I am allowed to go 7 pounds under that. I can lose 3.6 more pounds.
    By Thanksgiving I am going to do my best to weigh at least 145. That will leave me 2 pounds to lose. But with any luck I will lose more then half a pound a week.

Start weight 146.6 as of 10-26-07
    Target weight 145.0 by Thanksgiving
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    I'm in! Maybe this will be the motivation I have been needing so badly :tongue:

Current weight 187
    Goal Weight 182
    Exercise - 30 minutes cardio 4 days a week
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Ok.. I've been slacking off on the exercise :ohwell:

20 minutes jogging in place (for now.. will do more soon):wink:
    145 jumping jacks in 2 minutes:noway:
    light cleaning:bigsmile:

Will do more as the day goes on:heart:

~Joanna
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    I will play

Current 180 by thanksgiving 170 ... and I am a day ahead of y'all will that matter?
    I work out 60-80 minutes 6-7 days a week

I am weighing in full uniform and steel toed boots.... will continue to do so :)
    Good Luck all
    :heart:
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Count me in!:wink:

My weight as of 10/22: 198
    Goal weight by Thanksgiving: 188
    Goal Exercise: at least 45 min. 6 days a week

I actually wanna be under 188 lbs by Thanksgiving...I will keep my fingers crossed.

Good Luck everyone,
    Naj
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    I am totally in! I have been slacking lately with the working out aspect, but I am back on track! I'm not even going to give excuses, cause it just isn't worth it! Here we go!!!

10/29/07- weight 123
    Goal Weight by Thanksgiving- 118
    Goal Exercise- at least 30 minutes atleast 4 times a week.

The weather here is perfect, so there is no excuse not to work out!

:drinker: This is water:)
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Okay Melanie! I guess I don't have to continue the challenge after Halloween over on the Fitness board... Thanks for starting a new one!

My current weight 177
    Goal weight by Thanksgiving 169
    Goal Exercise at least 30 min cardio 4 x per week
    strength & conditioning at least 3 x per week

The Halloween Challenge REALLY worked well for me as I felt guilty at night if I even considered not doing my 30 minute cardio workout. Hope this one has the same effect! Are you going to do a daily check in Melanie? Having to check in daily helps to keep me accountable...

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • I'm in
    Current weight is:225
    Goal: 7lbs
    this would bring my weight loss to 30 lbs
    Workout: cardio walk'n'tone 2miles 3x week:bigsmile:

Good luck !!! this will keep me honest with checking in since I have been a little lazy with it lately.

Thanks for the challenge.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Okay... I'm in!

10/29: 131
    goal weight by Thanksgiving: 127
    workout goal: cardio 60 min 5 days/week and strength training 3 times
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    I'm leaving for my honeymoon on December 28th to go to Vegas for New Years!! I dropped 12 pounds for the wedding a month ago and to look HOTTTTT for all those awesome vegas night clubs I'm trying to lose another 15. So Thanksgiving is perfect as a half way point!!

Current Weight: 165
    Goal By Thanksgiving: 157.5
    Workout Goal: 60 minutes 3 times a week (and two of those will be a spinning class. AHH!!!)

Wish me luck! I gotta look good next to Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan on NYE. Just kidding!!!!!
  • rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    RETHUN!!!

look at u.. i get u set up on this and u are joining one of my challenges....

i would love to lose 1 pd a week until thanksgiving.. lets say 5pds

current weight... 165
    goal 160

workout.. 60 minutes a day 5 days a week!