Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Thanksgiving Challenge

mschwark
mschwark Posts: 20
edited September 18 in Motivation and Support
Anyone interested in joining? It is 3 1/2 weeks until Thanksgiving and I thought we could make a mini goal to shoot for by then.

My current weight 145
Goal weight by Thanksgiving 139
Goal Exercise at least 40 min. 4 days a week

Melanie

Replies

• Anyone interested in joining? It is 3 1/2 weeks until Thanksgiving and I thought we could make a mini goal to shoot for by then.

My current weight 145
    Goal weight by Thanksgiving 139
    Goal Exercise at least 40 min. 4 days a week

Melanie
  • Ill join in

My current weight is 168
    Goal by Thanksgiving 160
    Excercise Goal 40 min. at least 5 days a week
  • 224 to 220
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    I'm game. 181 now, goal 175 thanksgiving. Going for 60 min a day doing whatever exercise I feel like that day. Have fun everyone.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I am definitely in!

Current weigh: 128
    Turkey Day goal weight: 125 (maybe less b/c I will be with my mom and brothers fr our 1st Thanksgiving get together in YEARS and I know I'll gain a few)
    Workout: atleast 30 minutes of cardio 4x a week
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    I've dropped 10 lbs in 2 weeks, but I don't think that is going to continue, so 3 and 1/2 weeks at 1-2 lbs a week, let's say 200 down to 195. 195 by Thanksgiving. Gosh, haven't been under 200 for 6 years. Going to do the little whoopeedeedoo dance when that happens!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Sure! I am currently 166. By Thanksgiving I would like to be 160 to give me a cushion because we are going to my friend's house who is like a big sister to me and she is the best cook in the whole wide world and I always have to at least TRY everything. Unfortuntely, just TRYING her stuff is a whole lot of calories. A lot of creamy things, a lot of oils - good oil like olive oil, but still!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    The real question is, time2wrk, are you going to weigh yourself before or after you go over there. :-)
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Hmmm, depends on how brave I am feeling!!!!! (Ok, I am a wimp, of course it will be before!!!)
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    I will join the challenge. I will have to use my meeting weigh-ins because my scales have gone squirrelly on me. By the time I get to my meetings I have been up for 4 hours, had breakfast and drank at least 20 oz. of liquids. Plus I weigh in fully clothed (no shoes though *grin*).
    I will do my best to wear the same clothes each Friday till the challenge is over.
    At weigh-in yesterday I weighed 146.6 pounds. I would like to lose at least a half of a pound each week.
    My goal weight is 150. I am allowed to go 7 pounds under that. I can lose 3.6 more pounds.
    By Thanksgiving I am going to do my best to weigh at least 145. That will leave me 2 pounds to lose. But with any luck I will lose more then half a pound a week.

Start weight 146.6 as of 10-26-07
    Target weight 145.0 by Thanksgiving
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    I'm in! Maybe this will be the motivation I have been needing so badly :tongue:

Current weight 187
    Goal Weight 182
    Exercise - 30 minutes cardio 4 days a week
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Ok.. I've been slacking off on the exercise :ohwell:

20 minutes jogging in place (for now.. will do more soon):wink:
    145 jumping jacks in 2 minutes:noway:
    light cleaning:bigsmile:

Will do more as the day goes on:heart:

~Joanna
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    I will play

Current 180 by thanksgiving 170 ... and I am a day ahead of y'all will that matter?
    I work out 60-80 minutes 6-7 days a week

I am weighing in full uniform and steel toed boots.... will continue to do so :)
    Good Luck all
    :heart:
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Count me in!:wink:

My weight as of 10/22: 198
    Goal weight by Thanksgiving: 188
    Goal Exercise: at least 45 min. 6 days a week

I actually wanna be under 188 lbs by Thanksgiving...I will keep my fingers crossed.

Good Luck everyone,
    Naj
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    I am totally in! I have been slacking lately with the working out aspect, but I am back on track! I'm not even going to give excuses, cause it just isn't worth it! Here we go!!!

10/29/07- weight 123
    Goal Weight by Thanksgiving- 118
    Goal Exercise- at least 30 minutes atleast 4 times a week.

The weather here is perfect, so there is no excuse not to work out!

:drinker: This is water:)
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Okay Melanie! I guess I don't have to continue the challenge after Halloween over on the Fitness board... Thanks for starting a new one!

My current weight 177
    Goal weight by Thanksgiving 169
    Goal Exercise at least 30 min cardio 4 x per week
    strength & conditioning at least 3 x per week

The Halloween Challenge REALLY worked well for me as I felt guilty at night if I even considered not doing my 30 minute cardio workout. Hope this one has the same effect! Are you going to do a daily check in Melanie? Having to check in daily helps to keep me accountable...

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • I'm in
    Current weight is:225
    Goal: 7lbs
    this would bring my weight loss to 30 lbs
    Workout: cardio walk'n'tone 2miles 3x week:bigsmile:

Good luck !!! this will keep me honest with checking in since I have been a little lazy with it lately.

Thanks for the challenge.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Okay... I'm in!

10/29: 131
    goal weight by Thanksgiving: 127
    workout goal: cardio 60 min 5 days/week and strength training 3 times
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    I'm leaving for my honeymoon on December 28th to go to Vegas for New Years!! I dropped 12 pounds for the wedding a month ago and to look HOTTTTT for all those awesome vegas night clubs I'm trying to lose another 15. So Thanksgiving is perfect as a half way point!!

Current Weight: 165
    Goal By Thanksgiving: 157.5
    Workout Goal: 60 minutes 3 times a week (and two of those will be a spinning class. AHH!!!)

Wish me luck! I gotta look good next to Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan on NYE. Just kidding!!!!!
  • rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    RETHUN!!!

look at u.. i get u set up on this and u are joining one of my challenges....

i would love to lose 1 pd a week until thanksgiving.. lets say 5pds

current weight... 165
    goal 160

workout.. 60 minutes a day 5 days a week!
This discussion has been closed.