I really like beer

Options
124»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge beer lover, and frankly... beer is good to kill gainz.

A lot of my favorite pints are 500 cal a piece. So. I just drink a couple at a go, and do it seldom.

The alternate would be some InBev light beer swill, and life is too short to drink that kind of 90 calorie pisswasser.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The one issue with alcohol and weight loss is that your body apparently metabolizes the alcohol first so it can hinder your weight loss. I usually stick to drinking on just one or two nights per week and haven't noticed it hurting too much other than an occasional water gain that is temporary.
  • marthalgutierrez92
    Options
    Tell me about it, I was the girl who drank 12-18 beers at a party.

Forget light beer!!

I say as long as you maintain yourself motivated and eating healthy
    then it's ok to have it once in a while!

Don't deprive yourself because that always leads to no good!!

Have fun, you're young and don't feel guilty just get
    back into your daily routine!!
  • TravelinChiGal
    TravelinChiGal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of my beer, as well. I would rather drink the good stuff then have a bunch of the "light" beers. I just know I have to work my booty off during the week, or earlier in the day, to make it fit my day. I don't make it a weekly occurrence, but will usually have a good couple once a month or so!
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    A really heavy beer can't have more than a few hundred calories, right? Fit it into your limit and enjoy responsibly.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    A really heavy beer can't have more than a few hundred calories, right? Fit it into your limit and enjoy responsibly.
    avery-mephistopheles.jpg
    ballpark of 500 calories for the bottle.

yeah, that's 12 oz.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    avery-mephistopheles.jpg
    ballpark of 500 calories for the bottle.

yeah, that's 12 oz.

giphy.gif

(I was talking to the beer.... but your beard is also very nice).
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Beer in all it's glory! The shirt I'm wearing in my pic is from Lost Coast Brewing. It was only when I realized I could moderate all of my intake to include beer that I truly started to believe that permanent weightloss was possible.

So I do, and on average I drink about 40oz a night. So thats about 60 of my 250 carbs per day.

I have a keezer (draft system) and we're currently drinking a cherry ale and a ruby ale. I will be kegging an IPA tomorrow and I have a Saison and a Golden ale fermenting. On Sunday I will be making a Pumpkin ale.

Life is too short to drink crap beer.

:drinker:
  • ariesflame
    ariesflame Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Beer in all it's glory! The shirt I'm wearing in my pic is from Lost Coast Brewing. It was only when I realized I could moderate all of my intake to include beer that I truly started to believe that permanent weightloss was possible.

So I do, and on average I drink about 40oz a night. So thats about 60 of my 250 carbs per day.

I have a keezer (draft system) and we're currently drinking a cherry ale and a ruby ale. I will be kegging an IPA tomorrow and I have a Saison and a Golden ale fermenting. On Sunday I will be making a Pumpkin ale.

Life is too short to drink crap beer.

:drinker:

Lost Coast.... mmmmmmmm beer.
    That Great White they make is amazing.