Chia Seeds

Options
2»

Replies

• jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I through ground chia seeds into my green/protein smoothies. I don't know that they add flavor, but I get the nutrition profile I want.

Chia seeds don't have flavor, they soak up the flavor of what they are soaked in.
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So...buying ground seeds sounds like a better option that whole seeds? I'm thinking I would use them in smoothies, greek yogurt and oatmeal. Again, never bought them or tried them but hear about how great they are.

I have never had the ground chia seeds.... I like them whole. They really do add something special to oarmeal.... I do a refrigerator oatmeal. Cranberries, raisens, oatmeal, chia seeds, skim milk, (I am thinking if trying plain almond milk though) a little raw sugar and a dash of vanilla. Mmmmmmm
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I bought a bunch at my local Sprouts when they went on sale in the bulk bin, and I like them okay in water, but haven't used them in a long time. I tried making them into a chocolate pudding of sorts, but I didn't really like it and that kinda turned me off to them.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Tapioca pudding is my absolute fave...I think that's why I enjoy these little gems so much. lol