Bashed for gaining weight?

Options

Replies

• beachinit46
    beachinit46 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i am here for health and would think it should be both ways. weight gain and loss is an issue that is difficult and sometimes a life long struggle. i myself have battled the big girl all my life, she usualy wins but i wont give up. i had issues as a teenager with anorexia and know those struggles as well. my mother, bless her heart lol has never been above 102 lbs and it is a problem. i see her struggle. she adds sugar LOTS of sugar to coffee she eats pie for desert every night with ice cream and i have caught her eating just spoons of sugar and i see her struggle and im with you. i KNOW it is hard just as hard as the loosing of weight is for me. good luck and lets get healthy!
  • slemonfit
    slemonfit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i agree you dont look underweight
    based on your full body pic and lower body picture
  • anything that is affecting your health including weight gain is something worth paying attention to. different people have different opinions and perceptions of what is the 'right weight' but everyone's ideal is different depending on your body type.
    You can still eat healthy while putting on calories. For example nuts and dried fruit as snacks are high in calories but wont fill you up too much and give you energy and much needed nutrients as well
    people are just more accustomed to hearing about people needing to loose instead of gain..
    just do what is right for you! :smile:
  • DanaLash
    DanaLash Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    People on this site are self-righteous weenies. Don't worry about them. Just don't ask for opinions. Actually, don't ask for anything, I guess. Because you'll get much more than you bargain for. It's unfortunate, actually. Send me a friend request, I'm really good at gaining weight, lol. Best of luck to you! :)
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a stone is so can't tell if you really are underweight
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a stone is so can't tell if you really are underweight

A stone is 14Ibs.
    Her BMI is 18.1, if she is still 5'6 and 112 Ibs.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    People on this site are self-righteous weenies. Don't worry about them. Just don't ask for opinions. Actually, don't ask for anything, I guess. Because you'll get much more than you bargain for. It's unfortunate, actually. Send me a friend request, I'm really good at gaining weight, lol. Best of luck to you! :)

Didn't your thread just get locked? Now you're in here calling people "self-righteous weenies". *face palm*
  • DanaLash
    Options

Didn't your thread just get locked? Now you're in here calling people "self-righteous weenies". *face palm*

Is that necessary? Really? Have I ever said one word to you? I'm offering her, what I feel, is solid advice. It has NOTHING to do with you. In fact, I'm trying to protect her from being a victim of people LIKE YOU. But you have to be snarky on her thread? Message me if you have something to say to me. Don't do it on her post. That's rude. You're a grown woman with children. Act like a grown woman.
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    How much is a stone in weight? Sorry if this is an odd question, but I have not heard that term used before. Thanks.

Oops! I saw the post up above just now and see that the stone is 14 lbs.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Is that necessary? Really? Have I ever said one word to you? I'm offering her, what I feel, is solid advice. It has NOTHING to do with you. In fact, I'm trying to protect her from being a victim of people LIKE YOU. But you have to be snarky on her thread? Message me if you have something to say to me. Don't do it on her post. That's rude. You're a grown woman with children. Act like a grown woman.

Given you are the one who decided people on this site are 'self-righteous' weenies, I think it is actually you who needs to start acting like a grown woman. You come across, thus far, as rather rude and defensive. If this site is not to your liking, maybe you should take your dissatisfied self elsewhere.

Oh, and reported.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Honey, take your own advice. Also reporting you.
  • DanaLash
    Options
    Hilarious.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Once again a reminder.

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

I detest locking threads, but some of the back and forth is uncalled for. There is an "ignore" button to help avoid whomever you wish to mute out.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    honestly, i did not know that things like that were actually against forum rules but i love it, since i see this and been a victim of this kind of thing many times. well i guess i know what to do from now on. :flowerforyou:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    honestly, i did not know that things like that were actually against forum rules but i love it, since i see this and been a victim of this kind of thing many times. well i guess i know what to do from now on. :flowerforyou:

victim of what exactly??
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options

I guess what I experience, is when I log in my weight and I've lost some MFP automatically 'congratulates' me and shows to all my 'friends' on this site.

Then I get all these 'I like' status' or WTG! from others that don't really understand what my goals are...

I too am trying to gain weight I currently weigh 78 lbs. and am 5"4-5(not quite sure!).

You can turn off those posts so they won't automatically post anymore.

When on the full website, go to "my home," click "Settings," "Automatic News Feed Update Settings," and uncheck "I have lost weight."

Thanks! I will be doing this:)
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    Pictures can be deceiving too. I know from your pics you look fine; but you know how you look in real life 3-D. I know when I was sick and had to gain/replace a lot of weight, the Resource fruit replacement meal really helped. It was best served over a lot of frozen ice. But it helped me gain back a lot of weight in a healthy manner. If I can find a link to it I will send it to you. It's probably changed names as that was around 11 years ago apx.

Try to take what some people with a grain of salt. They may not realize your goals or they may have a distorted view of what is considered healthy.

Maybe some strength training would help to put on some muscle mass (not like a body builder) and weight.

Take care :)
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    http://www.nestlehealthscience.ca/en/products/Boost-Fruit-Flavoured-Beverage

This is similar to what I took in the hospital. It may also help the lady who is 78 lbs and trying to put on weight. I felt very good taking it. Take care :)
  • TheFrugalFatass
    TheFrugalFatass Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    *This post was deleted by The Frugal Fatass.*

P.S. Can anyone tell The Frugal Fatass how to ACTUALLY delete a post? :P
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    *This post was deleted by The Frugal Fatass.*

P.S. Can anyone tell The Frugal Fatass how to ACTUALLY delete a post? :P

you can't.