Options
    Well done.
    Looking good!
  • LynseyLous
    LynseyLous Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    fantastic you look amazing
    can you share any of your work outs you did?? or eating plan?? x

I actually worked with a local personal trainer here in Kansas City at HitchFit gym, I chose to do in person training but they also do online programs all over the world and were voted #1 here. You can google their site and see the before and afters of many of their clients and be truly inspired- August celebrated their 1st year and over 2000 lbs of fat lost. She provided me the meal plan and weight program to use plus 40 min.cardio daily.

My workouts with my trainer were very intense and she would pretty much work each muscle group when we met. This meant lots of lunges(stationary and walking with weights), squats, step-ups with weights, tricep dips, calf raises with weights (toes straight, turned in and turned out) jumping jacks, jump rope, push-ups. Machines-leg extensions, leg press, lat pull downs, cable machines, etc. Free weights was lots of bicep curls, hammer curls, tricep kickbacks, rows,chest press, etc. We would also do 100 calorie workouts on ellipitcal where I would go as hard as I could for 10 calories and then recover for 10 calories and then repeat. Towards end I did tabata- this is interval/circuit training where you do a specific exercise for 8 sets- so for example bicep curls for 20 seconds and then rest for 10 sec then repeat. Next may be lunges or squats. Let me tell you that is a high intensity workout that I felt for days. No workout was ever the same, she was always changing it up on me which kept me motivated too!

When I would go on my own I would try to work a specific area like legs one day and arms next. I also did most of my cardio on treadmill, Ellipitical, and some Zumba classes here and there. However I did start running some and I was never a runner, so I would use local HS track to run. This was a slow progression with just walking first and then running corners and walking straight areas. Then finally running straight areas and walking corners to running completely around track. Sometimes for a change I would run track until I got to bleacher section and then run up and down steps until I got back to track and then off I would go again. I also starting running some 5K's or smaller races- I have done 3-5K races and have bettered my time each race.

When I started I could not even do walking lunges across room with 5 lb weights without having to stop numerous times for break, when I was ending my time with trainer I was doing them with 25 lb weights. I could not do 1 regular push-up when i started, when I ended I was able to do sets of 15+ with my feet up on bench and hands on floor. I couldn't do 1 minute of jumping jacks, heck I couldn't do more than 5 total in a minute.

This was total lifestyle change for me and food played a big role in my transformation. I was on a very strict diet plan and I did not cheat. This was a huge change for both myself and my family as we ate out almost every night due to all my kids activities and I ate out every day for lunch. I never ate breakfast either and snacked all day long on junk and soda- no more soda or junk for me.

Here is a sample of what my meal plan looked like daily.

Meal 1
    Oatmeal – 105 Calorie Serving
    1 scoop whey protein w/water ( I used Dymatize ISO-100)
    1 tsp. Natural peanut butter (I put mine in my oatmeal)

Meal 2
    4.0 oz. Chicken or 5 oz. fish (tilapia, cod, tuna, salmon)
    4.4 oz. green vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, fresh spinach, brussel sprouts, edamame, asparagus)
    4.0 oz. sweet potato or brown rice

Meal 3
    4.4 oz. green vegetables
    1 scoop whey protein powder with water
    One medium apple

Meal 4

4.0 oz. chicken or 5 oz. fish (tilapia, cod, tuna, salmon)
    4.4 oz. green vegetables
    Meal 5

4.0 oz. Chicken or 5 oz fish (tilapia, cod, tuna, salmon)
    4.4 oz. green vegetables

So things were considered free foods like bell peppers, cucumbers, and sugar-free jello cups so I could have as many of those as I wanted daily. Pre-workout I would have 3 plain or lightly salted rice cakes or protein drink.

Hope that helps and let me know if I can answer any more questions!

thank you so much for your reply your pictures and advice spur me on :) thank you for taking time to reply xx
  • carrieparent
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!! My goals are about the same as yours were when you started! Hope to do as good as you did!! What an inspiration! Thank you for sharing!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Wow - that is terrific! All your hard work is really paying off.
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow, AWESOME job!! :)
  • nerak3401
    nerak3401 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Awesome job. Keep up the good work! Very inspirational :happy:
  • vmata1
    vmata1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Congrats!! This is so inspiring and really amazing!
    Thank you for sharing the pictures. I have been slow with my weightloss and getting slightly discouraged. This is just the sort of inspiration I need to keep on moving!
  • saimabhaidani
    saimabhaidani Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    you are a true inspiration to all of us! What is your next goal?
  • melcovi05
    melcovi05 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    AAAAA-mazing!!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    awesome work, must feel amazing!!!

you look pretty strong, you should try bodyrock.tv, I bet you would do great at it. The exercises on it kill me too much right now.
    I just joined Fitness Pal, but thought I would share my before and after pics from the 16 week weight loss program I did from August-End of November. My journey doesn't end here as I still would like to lose another 15-20 lbs, currently I have maintained through holidays.

I lost 36 lbs, 27 inches total, and 11% body fat in 16 weeks-WOO HOO! I was working out with a personal trainer 2x week and 4 days on my own. She had me on a strict food plan of 1500 calories daily, 40 minutes of cardio minimum daily, and weights daily also. When I started I was pushing out of a size 16 jean (refused to buy anything bigger), now I am just a little from being in an size 8 jean. This red dress I wore my senior year in HS 17 years ago!

front.jpg
    side.jpg
    back.jpg
    jeans.jpg
    dress.jpg
  • Jasmine_Moonstone
    Jasmine_Moonstone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is awsome. You look amazing! Good luck on the next goal!
  • kbairdphillips
    kbairdphillips Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! You are and inspiration!!!
  • medic2013
    Options
    Well Done!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    HEY HOW ARE THINGS GOING? YOU SHOULD BE ON 21 WEEKS INTO TRANSFORMATION!!

:smile:
  • Kelleinna
    Kelleinna Posts: 160
    Options
    This is WAY inspiring for me... I just started a 16 week program at a gym where I live on Monday! I'm bigger than you were when you started, but if I have losses in weight and inches similar to what you had I shall be very happy indeed! Thanks for sharing!
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!! My goals are about the same as yours were when you started! Hope to do as good as you did!! What an inspiration! Thank you for sharing!

You can do it, BELIEVE in yourself and I know you will reach your goal! If I can offer any helpful tips, shoot me a message!
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    omg wow this is amazing keep it up!!!
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    Congrats!! This is so inspiring and really amazing!
    Thank you for sharing the pictures. I have been slow with my weightloss and getting slightly discouraged. This is just the sort of inspiration I need to keep on moving!

Thank you for your comments! We both know it's not easy and I had moments in my process that I got completely discouraged too, keep on pushing through! You can do it!
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    you are a true inspiration to all of us! What is your next goal?

I'm still working, would like to lose another 10-15 lbs. However my next goal is to run my 1st 1/2 marathon in April, the day after my 35th birthday so I am training for that now! Thank you for your comment!
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    awesome work, must feel amazing!!!

you look pretty strong, you should try bodyrock.tv, I bet you would do great at it. The exercises on it kill me too much right now.

Thank you so much, I will have to give it a try- always looking for new workouts!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!