Any other brides out there?!

Options
Hey! So I just got engaged in June and it had been a huge motivator to get these last 30lbs off. The wedding isn't until 9-22-12, due to me graduating nursing school in June 2011, so I have a good amount of time to lose the weight at a healthy rate.

Any one else engaged and trying to lost weight? I was thinking of maybe a group, becoming "friends" or someting along those lines to cheep in check with each other and give support before the big day comes! :smile:

Replies

• nikki91950
    Options
    hi! i'm engaged and the wedding isn't until 2012 or 13 :) we should definitely be friends!
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Wellll I'm not....yet!!! I have a feeling its coming just don't know when. I want to lose the weight so when it happens i'm not trying to lose all the weight at once. Let's do it together! :)
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I just got engaged in September, with a wedding date of 9/29/12...

I am trying to lose 50+ pounds before I go dress shopping in Aug/Sept 2011...

I have been on the site for almost a month now...it hasn't exactly been easy (as my fiance eats nothing healthy)...but I am trying hard to get where I want to be weight wise and health wise...

Best of luck to you! :)
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Wellll I'm not....yet!!! I have a feeling its coming just don't know when. I want to lose the weight so when it happens i'm not trying to lose all the weight at once. Let's do it together! :)

I had the same feeling! haha I was so glad that we picked a date that was a little far off so I could lose the weight over time because I love food and just couldn't drop it fast. I love the idea of losing the weight together!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

I have been on the site for almost a month now...it hasn't exactly been easy (as my fiance eats nothing healthy)...but I am trying hard to get where I want to be weight wise and health wise...

My fiance doesn't really eat all that healthy either. If I ate like he does I would be a whale! I have been pressuring him a little about making changes and he is slowly adapting. We are pretty much right on target together!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    My wedding is October 2011! :) Not trying to lose weight anymore, just continually working on being healthy and increasing strength.

You girls have the time to do it at a healthy pace! Congratulations to you all! :)
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I got engaged in August, and I am planning for a wedding in June of 2012, my final goal is to lose about 100 pounds! I know that I can lose it in a healthy way. I am already 16 pounds down. but we should definetly start a club of some sort, to keep each other motivated. Maybe we can even share pictures of our dream dresses for our weddings????
  • buggials
    Options
    I just engaged dec 17th 2010 no date yet because I told him I want to get into shape and then plan >.< but I suppose it will be later 2011 or early 2012.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i asked my other half to marry me back in july - i got fed up of waiting haha and we are looking to have a 2013 or maybe 2014 wedding - im hoping to go uni in 2011 to do childrens nursing so it will be hectic!
    but we have given ourselves a few years to a)get in shape, b)save up some money ourselves and c) let me do most of my uni course first!

feel free to add me :)
  • laurenbausch
    Options
    I am!!! Getting married in February. . .Kinda freakin' out now!!!
  • baypathgradLyns
    Options

My fiance doesn't really eat all that healthy either. If I ate like he does I would be a whale! I have been pressuring him a little about making changes and he is slowly adapting. We are pretty much right on target together!

I wish I could say the same...my fiance refuses to change...at least anytime soon...I don't want him to totally change, as I love him the way he is, but I tell him that it is more of a health concern that I have for him, that I want him to live a long life, especially when we have kids...he doesn't eat any vegetables (none!)...so his eating habits make me nervous, but if he doesn't want to do something about it, I can't and won't force him...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    My wedding is July 10, 2011. I bought the dress when we got together back in 2008 (yeah, a little early, but I *knew* back then that we were going to married!). Back then I was a size 6 and even tried on a size 4 dress. I'm, well, NOT a size 6 right now and I will be starting P90X and Turbo Kick combo program along with a 1500 calorie diet on Monday to get my body back into shape. I refuse to alter the dress, I am going to change my body composition and make the body fit the dress. :bigsmile:

I only need to lose about 20 pounds total, which is about 3.33 pounds per month which is only about 0.83 pounds per week which is a very attainable goal. I would LOVE to have a group of people to keep me accountable!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kimcake
    Options
    Me! Getting married in March on a cruise/beach wedding. I'm about freaking out right now because I just kept putting off working on the extra weight... but this site has been a great first step.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    I wish I could say the same...my fiance refuses to change...at least anytime soon...I don't want him to totally change, as I love him the way he is, but I tell him that it is more of a health concern that I have for him, that I want him to live a long life, especially when we have kids...he doesn't eat any vegetables (none!)...so his eating habits make me nervous, but if he doesn't want to do something about it, I can't and won't force him...
    [/quote]

I dont want him to change either....but I keep reminding him that his life insurance policy better be damn good if he dies of a heart attack....that usually wakes him up. The "kids" topic really had effected him too. He wants to be healthy to set a good example for out kids (one day,not soon!). We can only do what we can....they have to do the rest and only if they really want to.
  • buggials
    Options
    MIne is one of those guys that loses weight without trying and eats crap the whole way. I've been lucky though that he supports me in the choices I make and reminds me when I'm about to do something he knows I'll regret later. I don't want to start our life with me being unhappy and I def. don't want to raise kids with my weight...
  • kmille46
    Options
    I'm getting married in August but have my first dress fitting in March. I have about 20lbs to go...I already lost 25lb last summer.
  • baypathgradLyns
    Options
    I dont want him to change either....but I keep reminding him that his life insurance policy better be damn good if he dies of a heart attack....that usually wakes him up. The "kids" topic really had effected him too. He wants to be healthy to set a good example for out kids (one day,not soon!). We can only do what we can....they have to do the rest and only if they really want to.

This is very true...He does bball once a week for an hour, and I keep telling him that it is better than nothing, but it isn't really being "active" like his doctor recommended...maybe one day he will want to do something...I can only hope.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    So.....Does anyone have a good name for a group topic we can post each week?! I thought of a few: "brides on a mission" "I want to be a skinny bride" (not the most creative!)

I was thinking that we can start a weekly post under the support and motivation boards, I think it would be more appropriate.

Some things to talk about each week: weight loss, successes/hardships of the week, any wedding news/updates, a motivational tip for each other to get to the next week. Anything else that would be important?

Maybe we can start on Monday, Jan 3. Mondays should be our check in day....mainly to be accountable after the weekend (I have heard other groups do that and it works out well!). I can start the post Monday morning under our selected title and everyone can post from there about their previous week. Maybe week 1 can start with a little basic information about each other ( CW, GW, age, wedding date, wedding dress yet, wedding discription, ect)

Glad there was such a responce!
  • buggials
    Options
    I like the jan 3rd idea. I'm game for anything just gotta keep motivated and then pick a date lol
  • baypathgradLyns
    Options
    So.....Does anyone have a good name for a group topic we can post each week?! I thought of a few: "brides on a mission" "I want to be a skinny bride" (not the most creative!)

I was thinking that we can start a weekly post under the support and motivation boards, I think it would be more appropriate.

Some things to talk about each week: weight loss, successes/hardships of the week, any wedding news/updates, a motivational tip for each other to get to the next week. Anything else that would be important?

Maybe we can start on Monday, Jan 3. Mondays should be our check in day....mainly to be accountable after the weekend (I have heard other groups do that and it works out well!). I can start the post Monday morning under our selected title and everyone can post from there about their previous week. Maybe week 1 can start with a little basic information about each other ( CW, GW, age, wedding date, wedding dress yet, wedding discription, ect)

Glad there was such a responce!

I am up for that :)