Any other brides out there?!

Options
2»

Replies

• redruthie
    Options
    This sounds like a great group. I'm getting married in May 2012. This group is exactly what I need. I'm at 270 and my weight loss goal is 145. It will take me awhile to reach that goal, but I have made a commitment and hope to stick with it. Congrats to everyone on here.
  • wocm15
    wocm15 Posts: 81
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea! I got engaged in June, and we're getting married July 15, 2011. I've already lost 29 pounds of my 34 pound goal. These last five are killing me though! :sad:
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think brides on a mission is a good name! I usually do my weigh in on Fridays, but I will do my update and everything on monday! I like the idea of starting the week out with a good motivation booster! I am really excited to start this it should be fun! And with so many different goals we will be sure to be able to keep motivated!
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    I like "Brides on a Mission"!

I just got engaged a couple weeks ago, and we're talking a spring 2012 wedding- so I've got a little over a year to lose the 50 pounds I want to drop!

Good luck to all of us looking to slim down for our white gowns!
  • brownsugar84
    brownsugar84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too! :)

I got engaged in Feb 2010, and am getting married in Oct 22nd, 2011.
    I'm so excited about marrying my soulmate, but super stressed about losing the weight in time. I slacked off after getting engaged because it felt like I had all the time in the world.. now, I'm less than 10 months away!

I'm definitely on a mission to lose this weight.
  • Anjeanetes
    Options
    Yeah, the bad thing is that we actually got engaged in June of 2009. We set dates twice but I have been pushing them back because I'm not happy with my weight. I know I need a good support system. I don't think he realizes how hard this has been for me. He eats everything, all day every day and still remains underweight. I am going to make myself put the money on the hall so I have to stick to the date. No more moving it back.
  • mrsmacg2b
    Options
    Hi girls! Congratulations to all of you! I need the support too, I've got about 60lbs to lose in 6 months which is unattainable just on my own. With a bit of peer pressure hopefully I will love my honeymoon bikini body whatever happens. Already ordered the dress but panicking that after overdoing it at xmas that I won't fit into it :frown: good luck all
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Wow! What great feedback! I will put together a templete for all of us to use weekly and get the page started Monday morning!
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I'm super excited for our group! Can I do anything to help us get started? Everyone should definitely add each other as friends and say you are from this group. It will help us stay on top of our progress and encourage each other. It can be a challenge to keep up with a group on message boards alone. I've seen daily/weekly challenges whether individually or as a group on other message boards and I really like that too.

So happy for us all. We will reach a goals and look fab on wedding days!!
  • buggials
    Options
    I'm super excited for our group! Can I do anything to help us get started? Everyone should definitely add each other as friends and say you are from this group. It will help us stay on top of our progress and encourage each other. It can be a challenge to keep up with a group on message boards alone. I've seen daily/weekly challenges whether individually or as a group on other message boards and I really like that too.

I like your idea. Can't wait for this to get going, got myself a new scale today
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

I am too! I have also seen other challenges too and have been interested in them but haven't joined anything/ participated.

Thanks for offering the help! I will put together the templete on Sat or Sun and message you with it. If you want to check it over and make any changes that would be great!

I thought of another name for the group.....Here comes the skinny bride. haha It is cheesy but has a ring to it. Ant thoughts or other ideas?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I got engaged in june, the wedding is July 7, 2012...we designed my wedding ring and my 1 year anniversary ring already...got the party favors and the wedding party...but I'm in a wedding in August so that's as far as we're going for our planning...the rest is going to have to wait until after August so I can get through my best friend's wedding with 100% attention to her...I have 35lbs to lose in 1.5 years...i'm pretty sure I can do it:bigsmile:
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Ok! Tomorrow I will be posting "Brides on a Mission" week 1 under the support and motivation board. Please look for it! I am excited to be a part of a group like this! Hope to see everyone there :tongue: