What unusual item do you put in your omelets?

Options
Jenna9797
Jenna9797 Posts: 33 Member
I usually add onions, bell peppers and garlic to my eggs, with the Cajun influence in my cooking, I usually add those items to most things I cook! Recently I had some extra zucchini and I decided to slice it thin and saute it with the onions and peppers.

It came out really tasty!

So I was wondering, what unusual items do other people put in their eggs? I'm looking to experiment.
In the picture below, yellow onions, red bell pepper, zucchini and black pepper. (with the eggs in it, it looks messy, hence the "before" picture.

4hczl5.jpg

(Edited to add pic)

Replies

• traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love to add mushrooms to my eggs.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I make edamame and cream cheese omelets sometimes.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    My favorite is bell peppers, garlic and mushrooms. Sometimes cottage cheese, if I have any on hand. Ham and cheese is always classic, though I usually use turkey lunch meat instead of ham, simply because I'm more likely to have it. Also, not an omelet, but I've really been digging creat of wheat topped with eggs over easy lately.
  • jamilynn_8890
    jamilynn_8890 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I make edamame and cream cheese omelets sometimes.

That sounds amazing. Definitely need to try.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I put taco meat, peppers, onions, and shredded sharp cheddar in mine and then serve taco sauce or salsa with it.....yum
  • rdfhunter
    rdfhunter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Seaweed
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Onions, some shredded mozarella and ... frozen peas! It's really good!
  • NetflixAndChocolate
    Options
    pineapple &carrot
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I like sauteed spinach, garlic and mushrooms in a frittata.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I make my omelets the exact same way I make paninis actually - (vegan) cream cheese, red onions, red (and sometimes green) peppers and avocado. Sometimes I'll switch it up and use black beans and avocado and top with salsa juevos rancheros style.
  • aharper84
    aharper84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is unusual, but I like mine with red bell pepper, Parmesan, and green peas.
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes! Yummm. Top it off with shredded cheese, and hot sauce!! :D
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Chopped up kosher dill pickles! Love them with eggs, and anything else really :-) ham cheese and pickle omelets are the best.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    regularly, cheddar cheese, and onions if on hand spinach or zucchini or broccoli. none of that is unusual. if i have it around another lovely thing I've had a few times is spring peas and thinly sliced radishes sauted with the eggs. it's much lovelier than it sounds.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'll put the eggs and a handful of spinach in the magic bullet and whip it up real good before it hits the pan. You get a green omelet this way. Add some onion, green peppers and top it with hot sauce.
  • datsneefa
    datsneefa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pico De Gallo
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    shrimp and cottage cheese omelet with bacon. there is a restaurant here that makes them in HUGE sizes and one of these days i need to make myself one in regular size with egg whites. they are awesome. they use the tiny salad shrimp and you cook the egg first and wrap it around the filling like a burrito. it sounds weird but it isnt.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Chopped up kosher dill pickles! Love them with eggs, and anything else really :-) ham cheese and pickle omelets are the best.

a pickle makes almost anything better. we are kindred,. you and i.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My usual omelets are simple: some Mrs. Dash, spinach, sliced roma tomato, and grated parmesan cheese.

The most unusual omelets I have made are apple and cheddar based on a recipe I found online (pan cook thinly sliced apple with a little cinnamon sugar and butter, then add to center of omelet, sprinkling with cheddar cheese), a lomi lomi salmon omelet (left over lomi lomi salmon, which is a Hawaiian side dish made from small diced pieces of salted salmon, tomato, and onion), and lobster omelet (using left over lobster and garlic butter sauce from a big haul my dad brought in).

The apple cheddar omelet was good but I prefer savory to sweet. My favorite by far was using the left over lomi lomi salmon.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I made a frittata for dinner the other night with hatch chilies and green onion... and then I topped it with more hatch chilies when I ate it. :love:

I'm the only person in my house who really likes mushrooms, so when I make individual omelets I put them in mine. Black olives, bacon, onion, bell pepper, and of course cheese.