What unusual item do you put in your omelets?

Options

Replies

• BUTIgirl212516
    BUTIgirl212516 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    green peppers, green onions, tomatoes, and sometimes salsa! :D
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    It may not be unusual, but it is delicious.
    I do spinach, tomato and feta omelets.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I make a few different kinds of omelets depending on my mood/craving

1) Turkey pepperoni, green peppers, mushrooms, mozzarella, tomatoes

2) Artichokes, red pepper, spinach, feta or goat cheese

3) Steak-umms, provolone, green pepper, mushrooms

4) Powdered sugar and berries

5) Powdered sugar, banana slices and walnuts

6) Asiago and veggies (usually bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, olives)
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    No one said it so I will add my favorite comfort food omelette: Potato, onion and cheese. It is sliced home fries fried crisp with seasoned salt and onion powder, onions of choice, and I use Land O Lakes American. I top it with hot sauce.
  • mrJRamos
    Options
    Tomorrow morning I am planning a turkey, kale, and sweet onion omelet. I'm hungry already! :laugh:
  • bespatter
    bespatter Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ricotta and roasted tomatoes with a little bit of chives.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I like to put a dash of bisquick in my eggs and better yet, I like to mix my eggs in a bowl that I had pancake batter in. Makes the eggs a bit fluffier :)
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I am currently obsessed with broccoli in mine.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    S'momelet

Nutella and Marshmallows

>.<

Also, I used a Crepe...
  • ohellotheresa
    Options
    I loved reading all the above replies. makes me want to cook right now! I haven't made any particularly unusual omelette but I did eat one that was apple, blue cheese, walnut, at a restaurant once. Sometimes I make scrambled eggs with pasta and marinara sauce and pine nuts, it;s yummmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    We put corn in our omelette this morning sounded weird but we didn't have much in the veggie drawer - it was really good lol! Also I like a laughing cow cheese wedge broke up into a few pieces - if any hits the pan it gets a little crispy then the rest is gooey... Yummm
  • joshuaperson
    Options
    http://food52.com/blog/10087-sweet-omelet-with-berries

this looks like an interesting recipe to try!
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    Options
    Just egg whites.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Spinach, mushrooms, and green onion are my usual add-ons. Sometimes I add shredded brussel sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, turkey, and/or raisins (love adding raisins to savory dishes).
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I also make a mean asian style omlette with chinese bbq pork, shallots, water chestnuts and a dribble of Hoisin when it's plated :)
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Leftover Chinese takeout. Chicken and broccoli, mu shu vegetables, shrimp and black bean sauce, moo goo gai pan...whatever you have on hand...all work well in an omelet...maybe that makes it more of an egg fu young.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I like a veggie omelet with the addition of fresh diced jalapenos and feta cheese! YUM!!!
  • littlejane91
    Options
    blueberries, banana and peanut butter! I love sweet omelettes for a change sometimes :love: The trick is to put a little cinnamon and stevia in the egg batter!
  • GoingSlightlyMad
    GoingSlightlyMad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Well, I add a tbsp of powdered milk to the eggs, mix it well and then add the veggies. It gives the omelette a really nice texture.
    I'm not sure if it's odd, lol.
  • GoingSlightlyMad
    GoingSlightlyMad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    blueberries, banana and peanut butter! I love sweet omelettes for a change sometimes :love: The trick is to put a little cinnamon and stevia in the egg batter!

OH, YES. With strawberries and mushrooms it's heaven. (Now that's an unusual mix :tongue:)