2»

Replies

• stephnicholson91
    Options
    Has anyone here heard of isagenix???
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should be in shape after a hard session at the gym, like its a montage from Rocky or something.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I knew it would take forever, but it does get frustrating! After a really hard workout or when I'm getting hangry I do think I should just look perfect for torturing myself, lol.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Someone on here once pointed out something that stuck with me -- time is going to pass regardless of whether you decide to make a change or not. So, even if it takes two years (or whatever), those two years will pass by whether you want them to or not, so do you want to be healthier by that time or the same weight?

Yeah, that is a really good way to look at it. I've accepted it may take me over a year to lose all the weight. I just need to stop falling off the wagon. Eating at a deficit is hard!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    totally agree! it sucks, but then we didn't gain our weight overnight so we can't expect it to leave us quickly either :/
    The good news is if we stick to the plan and get moving when we can doing something we enjoy then we will get to goal.
    It took me over a year but it was so worth it and I've been maintaining now for a year.
    New habits were formed that lasted :)

Come on, you can do this...its soo worth the effort :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It will take the rest of my life :smile: So I'll just have to make the best of it. Eat good and healthy every day, work, move, sleep, have fun.
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    you,re losing weight and frustrated.think of how more frustrating it is to be putting on weight,having clothes too tight, being out of breath doing stuff,looking and feeling crap,are you still frustrated loosing weight.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    yes it takes a long time and some are slower losers than others. it is hard to stick with it some times but if it is what you want you ahev to s tick with it,
  • boohe65p
    boohe65p Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Take it in small steps. 5kg at a time and then a small reward, enjoy the small achievements like another notch smaller on your belt.
    I still have small treats every week.Dinner out on Friday night with my Husband( I call it date night) and brunch on Sunday.We often go for a bike ride first so I'm eating back calories. Just keep it in moderation. Good luck.
  • nomorefatjuu
    nomorefatjuu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's a slow torturing journey but if you don't do it now someday you will have to or you will need to learn to take the comments and thebhealth problems. It's much more torturing being fat
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    loving the optimism and great advice!

just on an aside.. because some have asked.. this is a lifestyle change that has the added benefit of weight loss! It is a forever thing.. not a " till drop the weight".. BUT .. I do have an end goal weight that I know my body is comfortable at. It is where I used to be at. I have al these cute clothes waiting for me.. and I have so many cute " you did it!" clothes I want to buy lol

I don't want to stop. I wont be stoping eating clean and healthy and working out once I hit my goal.. because then I'll just become unhealthy again :/ For most of my life I was always healthy and fit. a few years of children, happy marriage ( seriously! you gain weight .. ) and some hard times with loosing family :( .. the weight came on ..

Luckily i'm not alone.. I have a great hubby that is doing this journey with me ( seeing as we went through everything together we put in on together also lol )

You guys are all doing amazing also! looking at all those tickers and great advice has been awesome to read!!

many thanks for the optimism and and positivity!
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It's so much better to be going in a direction you're happy with than one that makes you miserable, though. If the time's gonna go by anyway, it might as well be towards something better.
  • IconStillFree
    IconStillFree Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    "OMG it takes sooo long!!" That's what she said ;)
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    "OMG it takes sooo long!!" That's what she said ;)

ha! GO WORKOUT!
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how long it will take before I lose all the basic fat around my middle and thighs. All I know is that I will not be too hard on myself if it takes more than a year because I have come so far already. Always give yourself a pat on the back for changing your habits and exercising more. Every change is important. It's all positive.
  • MrsJane05
    MrsJane05 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am with you, it is a 'lifestyle' with no end date, just a goal to move toward, celebrate, then maintain.
    Healthy eating and exercise should be a part of our every day lives!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    One day at a tme....but remember, a year goes quickly.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 20 months to get where I am, and I'm still a couple months from my goal.

But if I hadn't started, I would probably still be 215 pounds, or maybe even more.

And it took me over a decade to put on all that weight. Getting rid of it in less than 2 years ain't too bad. :-)

Good luck, and stick to your guns!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    No but time has just flown as it feels like yesterday when i started my WOE.