Heavy all my life!! Need a support system!

Options
Hi, I have been overweight my whole life. I am here to help track my calories and what I am eating so that I can achieve a normal weight. I have an underactive thyroid which makes it hard to lose weight but I am determined to do this. I have 3 children, the oldest is 16 and the youngest is 11 weeks. Needless to say I'm not having anymore but I want to be around for them so I want to get healthy. Any support would be appreciated. I will support you too. Thanks! Stephanie:smile:

Replies

• kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This place is wonderful. You will find tons of support here. I've been heavy since about 13 and I also have 3 kids and an underactive thyroid. We can do this! Sending a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I've had an underactive thryroid for many many years. It is not harder to lose weight if you are on the hormone replacement therapy. Are you taking the meds?

My name is Stasha, and I too have been heavy all my life. I think 2nd grade is when I first became aware that I was bigger than other kids. I don't have kids, but I have plenty of old bad eating behaviors that can cling on like kids. I started my fit pal last october, but it took a couple of months to get used to logging on everyday and keeping track of my food and exercise.
    Everyone needs a support system, and if you would like, I can be your friend on my fit pal. There are a lot of good people on here going thru the same weight issues you and I are experiencing. Good Luck and Keep up the good work! Nothing tastes as good as feeling slim and sexy feels!! Take care, Stasha
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is amazing, you will love it! There is so much support and knowing you aren't alone in your journey is so motivating:) I have been heavy all my life except the few short years that I lost and kept off 70 lbs before my marriage. All that changed when I had my kids and I'm determined to get that back. We can and will do this! Feel free to friend me if you want and we can support each other!
  • MrsNFlorence
    Options
    I just joined today as well and have sent you a request. I could use all the support I can get and I am more then willing to give you and everyone else the support needed. :smile:
  • flowerpower263
    flowerpower263 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hello stephanie, you will find mfp to be very easy to do! just keep track of your calories and try to get a few days of exercise in, ie. (take the baby for a 20 minute walk)or walk with an ipod and listen to your favorite music. that's it! your body will do the rest trust me! i also have been overweight most of my life with hypothyroidism (low thyroid) and have lost 45 lbs. here on mfp since mid july! check all of your food calories before you put it in your mouth! it's that simple!
    good luck on your new life!:love:
  • Steffi330
    Steffi330 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes,,, I have been for years!