What do you think when you see a ripped female?

Options
dgilner
dgilner Posts: 120 Member
I've never been close to being 'ripped' but occasionally i've lost enough that I realized there actually were muscles underneath all of this mush. However I do workout all the time and appreciate muscle definition...working on building more of that. But what's good enough? Obviously this is a personal opinion type question, I am just interested in yours. When you see a woman who is ripped - do you find it attractive or disgusting or somewhere in between? Is there a line when it is just too much?

Just curious. I have such an addictive personality - I have to be careful or I will end up like Lou. jk

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I happen to like it.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,417 Member
    Options
    You know, I think there is a fine line. When the woman is so ripped and cut she looks "hard" I don't find that attractive at all. I'm nowhere near that and never will be-I like the "bad" foods too much but boy somebody who is really toned is a sight to behold (and I'm a married woman!)
  • nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    lol, I just seen a tv show airing this wednesday called weird obessions and a lady on there is like "huge", she is hooked on building muscle .. lol , I would say as long as you don't end up on this show you should be good...lololol =)
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I think that it is gross when women go so far as to look like body builders but that is my opinion. Now don't get me wrong I think it is good for women to have some definition but not to the extent of looking like a man!
  • nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    you know now that I think about it I don't think I have ever seen a woman that was so ripped that it's gross,, other than magazines but that don't count.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I like women that are obviosly cut but when they start to roid up its icky
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I dig it, to an extent. A healthy body and visible commitment exudes confidence, and that on it's own is sexy.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Like a poster above, I think there's a fine line. I think that women should look a little soft, not like they're made of muscle and bone only. To me, being nicely toned is attractive, being solid muscle is not. I want a flat tummy, not a 6-pack. I still want my kids to feel comfortable cuddling on me, if I'm too bony and muscly I won't be comfy. And my husband won't want to cuddle either.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    you know now that I think about it I don't think I have ever seen a woman that was so ripped that it's gross,, other than magazines but that don't count.

Perso, I've seen pic of some women here that I found were to muscular for my taste but I am in no way judging someone else desire to be ripped
  • schwarzaj
    schwarzaj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    it depends, for example. Jillian Michaels is too ripped, i dont really find her attractive, but semi-ripped can definitely be attractive :love:
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I think it is pretty gross, myself. I think women who are too skinny and/or too muscular just aren't that attractive or feminine looking. I want to have a flat stomach and some muscle, but not necessarily definition. I like my curves and I think women with curves are much more beautiful.
  • cddavis04
    Options
    I like the Ms. fitness competition where the girls are all really defined but body building women like nasty to me. I've only met one lady that was a little to ripped for my taste. She is now a personal trainer.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Definitley a fine line between someone who works out, looks fit & has a flat tummy, and someone who has a hard man body.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I have seen and met some beautiful women who have muscle. I would not call them "ripped" . I don't like seeing a woman who is so bulked up to the extent of looking like a guy. A nice medium of the road is great. Maybe someday????? I will be there. Just go to where you are comfortable. I agree with NoAdditives. A woman should be "softer" Not to say anything negative about anyone who wants that look. I just know that it is not for me.
  • WhiskeyBravo
    Options
    I dig it, waaaay back in the day, in my finest hour I had some muscles and it was awesome; I felt strong and received non-stop compliments....and I'm working my way back to it... I liked knowing that I had acquired those muscles through hard work, dedication and disicpline. I understand that most people are unable to appreciate the aesthetic beauty of bodybuilidng in men and women, but ( for lack of a better cliche') beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I read somewhere that those ripped individuals only make up 1% of the population...yep, definitely not for everyone :)
    I say give it a go and if you don't like it, you can always revert :)

good luck Lou!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    ICK!! :noway:
    What is it going to look like when gravity takes over & everything starts to drop?
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I find that toned women are very sexy! I love to see the muscles, but I do NOT think bodybuilding women are sexy at all. I love to lift weights myself but I will never take anything to enhance my muscles to look big and bulky.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I have to applaud them (and males too) for all the hard work they are putting in to achieve those results (if they are doing it naturally, of course).

Regardless, confidence is beauty, and everyone is different. What one person thinks is beautiful might not be the same as someone else.

L.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    it depends, for example. Jillian Michaels is too ripped, i dont really find her attractive, but semi-ripped can definitely be attractive :love:
    I would commit a crime to have a body like Jillian. I don't find batwings and big guts attractive at all.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    ICK!! :noway:
    What is it going to look like when gravity takes over & everything starts to drop?

Muscle fights gravity sweetheart.