lost the movitation

2»

Replies

• JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    I was gonna say "tough love" for your hubby. make healthy meals, tell him "we can't afford to make 2 different meals, suck it up princess and learn to like healthy" lol!

something has to give, make sure it's not you! :) *hugs*
    Thats so hilarious when you say it like that. LOL. But been there, tried that. Doesn't work. He has it in his head that if he didn't like something as a kid, he won't like it now and if he tries to eat it, he will get sick. Makes me want to SCREAM!! LOL But there is a lot of truth in "something has to give, make sure it's not you!"
    glad you got something positive out of my comments. :) it's always good to take everything with a grain of salt. if it applies in your life, great. if it doesn't, that's ok too! :D
    that sure sucks that he's so closed minded about foods. I've never been big on veggies. just the basics, corn, canned green/yellow beans, raw carrots, and reg salad fixings... since I had kids, I make myself eat broccoli, coleslaw, cooked carrots, fresh green/yellow beans.etc. my kids LOVE sweet potatoes raw. hehehe. i cut it up like carrot sticks for their lunches. :D
    I just recently tried asparagus after a LONG time and OMG!!! i'm obsessed with it now. I'll eat the WHOLE bunch just myself! lol!

still have a hard time with brussel sprouts, cauliflower. cooked cabbage, turnips/rutabaga. but i've widened my variety, so I'm proud of that :)
    OMG! My husband eats canned peas, canned/frozen corn, and canned green beans and that is IT. I got him to try a salad after nagging and nagging. His salad was like 4 leaves of spring mix lettuce, a sprinkle of cheese and a sprinkle of shredded carrots and he took ONE tiny bite and no more. Then called his mom to tell her he tried salad. LMBO. I am not trying to be mean. Poor guy. Its just really frustrating.
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    OMG! his mom really didn't do a good job making sure he ate healthy. That's sad.

even though I'm not big on veggies, my kids LOVE them. they actually stop eating their dessert to go back to nibbling on veggies. when I bring sweet potatoes home for the first time in the fall (seasonal veg) my kids jump up and down and chant "yay! sweet potato!" they prefer coleslaw to salad when given the choice @ fish/chips restaurant.

I make sure every lunch/supper has meat, veggies, grains. snacks are fruit, and drinks are milk and water. sometimes juice. they get the 4 food groups daily. my dd had fresh cherry tomatoes from my grandmother's garden once. she ate so many of them she broke out in hives! lol! now she doesn't like tomatoes, my my son eats them like they're candy.

I had to put a baby lock on the fridge b/c he was always helping himself to the ENTIRE container of berries or the 2nd half of the canteloup. he's even come out of the fridge chewing on the entire cucumber! geeze! lol! now he knows how to open the fridge, so I just tell him to let mommy wash it first! there's no stopping him!
  • JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    OMG! his mom really didn't do a good job making sure he ate healthy. That's sad.
    Oh is mom tried. Apparently his dad didn't like most things like my husband and every time his mom would make something healthy, his dad would say "EEEWW" as soon as she put it on the table and that was the end of it, kids wouldn't touch it. His mother and sister eat a lot of veggies like I do. Must have gotten it from his dad.

Its really great that your kids like fruits and veggies so much. Sounds like you are doing a great job at teaching them healthy eating habits. Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Its really great that your kids like fruits and veggies so much. Sounds like you are doing a great job at teaching them healthy eating habits. Great job! :flowerforyou:
    Thanks. Happy new year! may your booze be calorie and consequence free tonight. :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.