30 day shred starting jan 1--anyone in?

Options

Replies

• sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 2 with 15 days total vested in this DVD. My shoulder muscles are screamin and begging me to just lay down and watch all my DVR'd Pretty Little Liars shows (son loves this show, just trying to be a hip mom:bigsmile: )but instead I think I will clean the house and maybe try out Zumba Wii later. I recvd it for Christmas and haven't had the time to try it yet.

Starting to miss level 1 and also again telling Jillian I hate her. Hopefully in five more days I will be back to loving her again. I am going to keep on pushing and maybe I will get better at the planks.
  • tracyalicia
    Options
    I'm feeling guilty because I took yesterday off -- but the pain in my "good" shoulder was so bad I thought I'd better lay off it for a day. It feels a little better today, so I'll be back at it later on today (L2 D3) -- my purpose in logging this now is to be sure I do!! Disappointing weigh in this morning (down .2) but I'm not going to let that bring me down.

Happy shredding!
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've had such a HORRIBLE Lazy streak. Have only completed 7 Days of 30DS
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    im struggling ! just done day 13 (day 3 of level 2) and finding it hard, hurt my ankle and foot and generally feeling mega unfit since going to level 2 was enjoying level 1 but this is torture !
    x
  • emkamp03
    emkamp03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh you all are speaking to me!!! ok yesterdays barking knees turned into todays very very tender knees. Tomorrow is day 15 total for me....I so badly want to make it halfway before I needed a rest day, but after really really struggling through today's shred I am wondering. So I got myself some pain relievers, taking it easy for the rest of the day and I will decide tomorrow what I need to do.
    anyway Day 3 level 2 done (14 days total). Best of luck to everyone!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    L2D1 finished. wow! i had to take short breaks to figure out some of the poses like the skater ones. not sure if i'm doing those right. the plank poses kicked my butt! but i also was like this on my first day of level 1 ,i know i will get better. this was one heck of a workout. when you log this exercise into MFP do you put 20 minutes or 25 minutes?
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    L2 D5 done. :drinker:

It's a lot harder than level, 1 that is for sure! But, so far, I am doing it although when I get to the 2nd set of moves like the "Military overhead presses" and the "squatting anterior raises", yikes! My muscles are burning!!:mad:

Having said all that, I am really happy knowing that I am half way through level 2. Oops, that means I'm that much closer to level 3!:grumble:

Anyways, keep up the good work everyone!

You know you can do this.

Jillian says that she has 400 lb people doing these moves, so we have no excuses:noway: (unless of course there is an injury or a surgery involved).

You can do this, just push through it. Tell yourself it's "just" 20 minutes.:wink:

Good luck to all of you! :flowerforyou:
  • angelsandwolves09
    angelsandwolves09 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Temporarily fell off the wagon...But I'm back and ready to start fresh!!! Gonna start on Level 2 Day 1 tonight, after doing Level 1 to get me back in the habit.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!
  • kitty37
    Options
    Hi! Just to check in. I've been keeping up with the 30DS every day so far. Just finished Day 16. I've been doing level 2 for the last 6 days and I'm going to be moving on to level 3 on the 20th. Level 2 is killer and my calves have been hurting like crazy. I feel so much better, though, physically and emotionally. Being able to keep this up has been so good for me. I'm so glad I'm doing this.

Keep it up everyone!
  • angelsandwolves09
    Options
    Just wanted to "update"...lol...did a pre-session with Level 1...followed by Day 1 Level 2....and WOW!!:cry: even my eyeballs are sweating!! lol I know I'm gonna feel it tomorrow...cuz it's already starting!!:ohwell: But I'm gonna stick with this and make it through my 12 days of level 2:drinker: .....gonna do 2 extra days to make up for losing it last week....:embarassed: Can't wait to get through it so I can do it all again and stick with it without missin a day!!! :tongue:

And Keep up the great work everybody!!:drinker:
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have just ordered a copy of the 30 day shred so hopefully I can join you all soon :)
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in on this too...I know I'm a little late...cause I didn't join in on the 1st...but I'm on Level 1, Day 4...so I'm not too far behind. I had tried doing it just prior to Christmas...but then Christmas and New Years and too much food got into the way of my progress...so I've started up again. I'm surprisingly doing much better with it this time around than a couple weeks ago...I guess my body adapted to the workout a bit...yesterday's workout was awesome...I almost made it through the entire set without stopping. I'm stressed for Level 2 though...eep! :embarassed:
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Just wanted to "update"...lol...did a pre-session with Level 1...followed by Day 1 Level 2....and WOW!!:cry: even my eyeballs are sweating!! lol I know I'm gonna feel it tomorrow...cuz it's already starting!!:ohwell: But I'm gonna stick with this and make it through my 12 days of level 2:drinker: .....gonna do 2 extra days to make up for losing it last week....:embarassed: Can't wait to get through it so I can do it all again and stick with it without missin a day!!! :tongue:

And Keep up the great work everybody!!:drinker:

angelsandwolves - I laughed when I read that "even my eyeballs are sweating!!" :laugh: LOL, I can totally relate to that. I am not a "sweaty" person by nature, thank goodness. However, Level 2, doing all those planks moves, has the sweat running down my forehead and into my eyes. Making ts seem like my eyeballs are sweating, lol. :sad:

Oh well, I have my "scheduled appointment" time with me and I'm sticking to it.:wink:

So, L2 D6 - DONE!!! :drinker: Only 4 more days of mega plank moves. :bigsmile:

It makes me nervous for Level 3. Yikes! :huh:

Have a great day Shredding everyone!

Debbie :flowerforyou:
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of level 3 16 days total. I start strong but by the end I am a whimpering pile of goo. That is an intense level. I am scared to see level 3 but I know if I stick with it, it will get easier each day. I can see that I may have to stay on this level a little longer than I planned because I had to stop the video twice today and suck in some air. Going to keep pushing.....I want to get stronger and be able to say I did it!
  • jroulo
    jroulo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Did day 2 of level 2 today. Wow. Can't think of much to say other than wow. It's difficult to type cause my fingers are even shaking.
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    Checking in...Day 7 of level 1 complete. It is getting easier. However, during the 'jump rope" segment I am getting "chin splints", they go away but during jump rope part it is killing me. Anyone else having this problem?

Getting excited and nervous about level 2, but I'm going to make it....even if my eyeballs are sweating too! (thanks angelsandwolves...that is funny!)

Have a nice day everyone!
  • angelsandwolves09
    Options

angelsandwolves - I laughed when I read that "even my eyeballs are sweating!!" :laugh: LOL, I can totally relate to that. I am not a "sweaty" person by nature, thank goodness. However, Level 2, doing all those planks moves, has the sweat running down my forehead and into my eyes. Making ts seem like my eyeballs are sweating, lol. :sad:

Oh well, I have my "scheduled appointment" time with me and I'm sticking to it.:wink:

So, L2 D6 - DONE!!! :drinker: Only 4 more days of mega plank moves. :bigsmile:

It makes me nervous for Level 3. Yikes! :huh:

Have a great day Shredding everyone!

Debbie :flowerforyou:

lol nah...I seriously think my eyeballs were sweating!! :laugh: But I finished it...finally got like 2 hours of sleep...went to my interview and walked home...which added to my leg pain...lol:frown: but I am energized and wanting to do it again....might do so later on when my legs recover...lol...then again...might not...

Congrats on finishing day 6!! I really am scared for Level 3!! lol But we can do it!!!:drinker: Cause we are strong shredders!! lol

:drinker: "Here's to the sweat from our eyeballs and the end result being great!!":laugh:

Happy Monday everyone!!!
  • kargreen
    Options
    I fell off the wagon with the shred... I have been running 3 miles per day and trying to do crunches at night. I'm going to start level 2 tonight....
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon with the shred... I have been running 3 miles per day and trying to do crunches at night. I'm going to start level 2 tonight....

last week was awful for me with two sick kids, a sick hubby and a changing work schedule. i got in some miles (about 12), but never got around to the 30 day shred. lol.

started back up again today (ouch!) with l1d8 done.
  • delfin59
    Options
    I finished level 1 last week and spend the long weekend away from home...so starting level 2 day 1 tomorrow!

Wish me luck!