PEANUT BUTTER

Options

Replies

• amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I use a table knife or small rubber spatula to get it out, then put it in a small bowl on my food scale, then scrape it out of the bowl.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Wait...

You mean people don't usually eat peanut butter with their hands?!?! :noway:
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I have latte spoons (long handles) which get into the bottom of jars nicely.

I'd weigh the jar, take out whatever I'm using and then weigh the jar again to see how much I've used.

I use latte spoons as well. I have been eyeballing it but I know I need to weigh it. I will try the reverse weigh method next time.
    I have to admit I have peanut butter breath right now...
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I get it out of the jar with a butter knife and measure in grams using a food scale. I do not measure peanut butter by volume.
  • beepaz
    beepaz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You should be weighing it instead of measuring anyway. So just put the jar on the scale, zero it out, scoop out what you want using whatever is easiest to get it out with, and weigh the jar again. The negative difference is what you took out (and bonus, it counts what ending up on your hands).

THIS!! :)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

this are real first world problems- stop making fun.

You're right. I'm going to start a letter writing campaign. Maybe Obama will help.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I really do not understand what the problem is here:
    giphy.gif

or is it more like this:
    giphy.gif

and you are only eating it because its 'healthy'?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    once it's down in the jar a ways, I used a rubber spatula, and then I weigh it, since measuring is a fool's game of inaccuracy.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I weigh it. I put the bread, English muffin, or whatever on the scale and zero it out. Then I put a plop of PB on the item until I get the desired weight on the scale.
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    related to PB but not measuring, i now by PB2 its powdered PB that u add water to and make it buttery its really good all natural and half the calories BAM! highly recommend
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

this are real first world problems- stop making fun.

You're right. I'm going to start a letter writing campaign. Maybe Obama will help.

#THESTRUGGLEISREAL
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

Is this a message board where the question was posted under the "Food and Nutrition" category?
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Is this real life?

Is this a message board where the question was posted under the "Food and Nutrition" category?

I'm sorry, you're right. I didn't give adequate appreciation to the significant hardship that is getting peanut butter out of a jar. My bad. We should always be serious all the time. Because, really, who wants to live in a world where peanut butter is stuck to the bottom of the jar or, worse, it gets on our hands.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You should weigh it anyway...

If I put it on bread, I just tare the plate with the bread, spread the PB, then see how many grams it was. Easy as pie.
    If I'm going to put it in oatmeal, either I tare the jar, or I tare the bowl of oatmeal with the empty spoon on then put the spoon back in with the PB in it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

I'm sorry, you're right. I didn't give adequate appreciation to the significant hardship that is getting peanut butter out of a jar. My bad. We should always be serious all the time. Because, really, who wants to live in a world where peanut butter is stuck to the bottom of the jar or, worse, it gets on our hands.

THANKS OBAMA

now we don't have peanut butter at all.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Is this real life?

THANKS OBAMA

now we don't have peanut butter at all.

Now that is a sad, sad world. Next it will be cheese and wine.
  • krautbaby
    Options
    I use a rubber spatula. I measure out the whole jar the first day that I get it. Then I do not have to mess with it everytime I want to pack it for lunch.
  • etterwoman
    Options
    Easier to weigh it in a bowl. Less effort. Zero out the bowl and add via knife of spatuala until you come up with the grams you need. I do this with my salads. Make Salad in bowl....zero out scale and then slowly dribble salad dressing on top till I come to the grams I want. So much easier and less messy.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has said this, but I put my "toast" or whatever it is that I am eating my peanut butter on the scale, zero it out, then add peanut butter to it until I have the proper serving size.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I had a sad peanut butter episode yesterday resulting in PB all over the counter. Apparently some PB needs to be put in the fridge or it's a big sloppy mess (I'm looking at you, Trader Joe). :noway: