PEANUT BUTTER

Options

Replies

• bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I had a sad peanut butter episode yesterday resulting in PB all over the counter. Apparently some PB needs to be put in the fridge or it's a big sloppy mess (I'm looking at you, Trader Joe). :noway:

Typically natural peanut butter should be refrigerated so you don't have a big gloppy mess. The issue is that then, because of the oil in it, it becomes super hard so you end up heating it in the microwave just to make it useable.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I blame the Illuminati for all of our peanut butter problems.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    You could try this:

peanut-butter-maniac.gif
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I blame the Illuminati for all of our peanut butter problems.

shush-vmars.gif

I told you that in confidence.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

Is this a message board where the question was posted under the "Food and Nutrition" category?

I'm sorry, you're right. I didn't give adequate appreciation to the significant hardship that is getting peanut butter out of a jar. My bad. We should always be serious all the time. Because, really, who wants to live in a world where peanut butter is stuck to the bottom of the jar or, worse, it gets on our hands.

THANKS OBAMA

now we don't have peanut butter at all.

Now that is a sad, sad world. Next it will be cheese and wine.

Just as long as we keep the bacon!
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Those Jif to Go doodads are at Dollar Tree - 3 of 'em for $1! If you have problems with peanut butter portion control (I try not to eat it for this reason!!), maybe go take a look at Dollar Tree?
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Man, I can't keep peanut butter in the house --- my tablespoons look more like ladles. :)

pic related:
    KYhJX7m.jpg
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    ITS A TRAP!

giphy.gif
  • losingit1970
    losingit1970 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is so funny! I am about clean hands too. I say use a long handled spatula so you can scape every bit of that deliciousness out of the jar!!!!!!
  • Original_Sinner
    Original_Sinner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    We aren't really talking about getting your whole fist all up in a peanut butter jar are we....

we're talking about something else....

you lick the hand duh.....

if you really are talking about peanut butter...then one word. Spatula.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

Is this a message board where the question was posted under the "Food and Nutrition" category?

I'm sorry, you're right. I didn't give adequate appreciation to the significant hardship that is getting peanut butter out of a jar. My bad. We should always be serious all the time. Because, really, who wants to live in a world where peanut butter is stuck to the bottom of the jar or, worse, it gets on our hands.

THANKS OBAMA

now we don't have peanut butter at all.

Now that is a sad, sad world. Next it will be cheese and wine.

if they take the wine I'm moving to mars.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    related to PB but not measuring, i now by PB2 its powdered PB that u add water to and make it buttery its really good all natural and half the calories BAM! highly recommend

That is NOT peanut butter.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I get it out of the jar with a butter knife and measure in grams using a food scale. I do not measure peanut butter by volume.

Ditto
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    related to PB but not measuring, i now by PB2 its powdered PB that u add water to and make it buttery its really good all natural and half the calories BAM! highly recommend

I would highly Unrecomend this. It's horrible
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

I am in FULL agreement. Horrid, horrid stuff!
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't use a measuring spoon. I weigh it. I put my plate or bowl or whatever, with toast or apples if I'm having those with it, on the scale and turn it on. I use the knife to scoop out a portion that looks like 2 T, and put it on the plate/toast/apples on the scale. If it's too much, I remove a little with my knife and put it back in the jar. If it's not enough, I do the reverse. Simple. I have to weigh it, because otherwise I will fool myself into eating way more than the 2T/32g I think I'm eating.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Wait...

You mean people don't usually eat peanut butter with their hands?!?! :noway:

I do it like this.

peanutbutter_zpsf7359d8d.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I am in FULL agreement. Horrid, horrid stuff!

I use this every once in a while. It's good sprinkled on vanilla ice cream. As for all natural, I guess that depends on your definition of all natural. They take most of the fat out and add sugar.
  • victoriaalice40
    Options
    For real? HAHA
  • DisinteGr4tion
    DisinteGr4tion Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    lElvis'-Peanut-Butter-Nanner-Sammich101519377.jpg