Can you LOSE 50+ pounds by July 1st? CHALLENGE!!!

Options

Replies

• minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    Ugh. Seems I'm at a stalemate with my weight loss... 201 again this week. :o(
  • JeanMargaret
    Options
    I know I'm mega-late, but I seriously couldn't pass up this challenge and I hope y'all will puh-lease, please accept my late entry. I just found the link in someone's signature.

Screen Name: JeanMargaret

Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 299.0 lbs.

Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 249.0 lbs.

Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I'm obese. It's not healthy and it disgust me. I'm better than how I've been living my life and treating my body. It's time to really start living like it.

What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I'm doing ChaLEAN Extreme right now. I think I may start incorporating some running, here and there. I eat in range of 1600-1800 calories a day & I exercise most days of the week.
  • DebbieLowe
    Options
    Sorry, I'm late! I checked-in and my actual weight is 211lbs, so if my starting weigth was 214lbs it means I lost 3lbs! Yay!
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Last week-177 lbs
    this week-175 lbs
  • 2LiveAgain
    Options
    Sorry I'm late for weigh in. This week I'm 343.4, last week I was 343, so .4 up. I made last weeks challenge for 3500 cals though, I got 4079, YAY! Hope next week is better
  • Mikiki_x
    Options
    Hi,

Hope I'm not too late to join, I love challenges and the motivation will be fab!

Screen Name: Mikiki_x

Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 196

Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 140

Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To get my BMI down to a healthy range, and to feel much more healthier and happier with myself

What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I'm currently eatting around 1400 Kcal at the moment, I'm not very well at the moment, but once I'm feeling a bit better I will start going for some nice long walks and hopefully build up to running!
  • Steffi330
    Steffi330 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Checking in weight today 241! Yayyyy
  • butterfly0516
    butterfly0516 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Checking in...sorry I'm late in posting this week. Weight 237 - down 1/2 pound.
    I had a crazy week at work (worked 14 hours most days so I am happy I didn't gain.
    Have a great week all.
  • hummingbird314
    hummingbird314 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Checking in sorry I'm late. I lost 1 pound now down to 172
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Well... Lost a half pound... Was dissappointed... but when my hubby thought he was being funny and tugged on my jeans... they actually came down. I had to grab for the waistband!!! Uber excited!!!! I only measure on e a month but I am really tempted to check today instead!!! Never realized how easy the food part would be using this tool!

Blessings to all!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    sw: 177
    cw: 177

here is my exercise schedule for this week:

MONDAY JANUARY 17:
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX
    -SELF WORKOUT

TUESDAY, JANUARY 18
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 19
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

THURSDAY, JANUARY 20
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 3

FRIDAY, JANUARY 21
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

SATURDAY, JANUARY 22
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

SUNDAY, JANUARY 23
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JACKIE WARNER UPPER BODY
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 3

NUTRITIONAL GOALS THIS WEEK:
    -DRINK @ LEAST 64 OZ WATER/DAILY
    -NO FRENCH FRIES/MUSHROOM SWISS SNACK WRAP/BURGER
    -DO THE SPECIAL K CHALLENGE THIS WEEK
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY JAN 15: 1559
    SUNDAY JAN 16: 2208
    MONDAY JAN 17:
    TUESDAY JAN 18:
    WEDNESDAY JAN 19:
    THURSDAY JAN 20:
    FRIDAY JAN 21:

CALORIE BURN GOAL: 5000
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    I burned 4,096 calories last week in 365 min from last Monday to Sunday.

Next week I am going to shoot for 360 to 400 min of activity.

Have a good week everyone!! Keep moving and keep up the good work!
  • kcarlson22
    kcarlson22 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    SW: 190
    CW: 186
  • debka77
    Options
    I'm in! I don't want to lose 50 lbs but I am hoping to lose at least 35 by summer. So far, I have lost 6lbs. Good luck to everyone!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    This is great, I just set my weight loss goal for 50lbs by July 1st. I want to join you challenge. Please let me know what information I need to send over. Thanks!

Screen Name: starsnyc21
    Starting Weight (On January 5th 2011):
    My Ultimate Weight loss Goal 100 lbs
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 is 50 lbs,
    Half way goal by March 31st, 2011 is 25lbs,
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To be healthy, plus I am tired of being overweight.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I do strength training with a trainer 2x week, cardio will be done 2-3x week.

2125512.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: starsnyc21
    Starting Weight (On January 5th 2011):
    My Ultimate Weight loss Goal 100 lbs
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 is 50 lbs,
    Half way goal by March 31st, 2011 is 25lbs,
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To be healthy, plus I am tired of being overweight.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I do strength training with a trainer 2x week, cardio will be done 2-3x week.

I did not lose any weight. I just started 3 days ago.:flowerforyou:
  • carlamorris
    carlamorris Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hey i hope you let me slide this week. due to lightning hitting our house i dont have internet it should be back up by wensday so i am useing a friends right now . i was at 218 on sat only about a 0.6 lost for last week but i will make this week better
  • JeanMargaret
    Options
    Gee whiz, Carla. I'm so sorry to hear about the lightning and all. Gracious! I'm glad (I assume) everyone's alright, though. Geez!

It still shows mega-dedication that you went to a friend's to post. I think that's super awesome.

Now, for everyone else...I hope you're kickin' some fat cells this week and buildin' some super-strong muscle.

*Let's do this*

Jean
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm Stephanie. For those of you who know me, you know I love having weight loss challenge groups! It pushs me to lose weight and I want to help you in your weight loss goals. Every month I hold a seperate weight loss group for that month. My December group lost over 119 pounds in total as a group. And I know we can repeat that success. 50 lbs it's about 2 pounds a week from now until July 1st. YOU CAN DO IT!!! I wanted to start a group where we can really push ourselves to get ready for the summer that will carry on over the next few months. Summer will be here before we know it and many stores already have bathing suits out on display. UGH if that doesn't push me to get this weight off, I don't know what will. lol...For this group we will weigh in every Saturday. I will post a chart every Sunday of our success. If you miss 2 consecutive weeks for weigh in, we will remove your name from the chart. This will be an intense group with no excuses. We will help each other with each other's weight loss goals. On Saturday January 1st, 2011 please fill in the following form:

Screen Name:
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011):
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for):
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?:
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?:

Is it too late to join the group?
    My screen name is Mamajess
    my starting weight on 1-1-11 was 238.8
    My goal is to weigh 180 by july 1st
    My reason for wanting to lose weight is so I can be healthier and have more energy to play with my children and live life more fully. I am also tire of looking like the marshmellow man off of the ghost busters. .No, seriously that is what I look like. I want to be the pretty wife that I used to be.
    I have about 20 different work out dvds that I swith between so my body doesn't get used to any one thing and I am trying to basically cut calories, carbs and fat from my diet. Not all of them but lower the amount that I normally have . Instead of 3,500 calories I am trying to stay between 1,500 and 1,800. :happy: