Can you LOSE 50+ pounds by July 1st? CHALLENGE!!!

Options
Hello all, I'm Stephanie. For those of you who know me, you know I love having weight loss challenge groups! It pushs me to lose weight and I want to help you in your weight loss goals. Every month I hold a seperate weight loss group for that month. My December group lost over 119 pounds in total as a group. And I know we can repeat that success. 50 lbs it's about 2 pounds a week from now until July 1st. YOU CAN DO IT!!! I wanted to start a group where we can really push ourselves to get ready for the summer that will carry on over the next few months. Summer will be here before we know it and many stores already have bathing suits out on display. UGH if that doesn't push me to get this weight off, I don't know what will. lol...For this group we will weigh in every Saturday. I will post a chart every Sunday of our success. If you miss 2 consecutive weeks for weigh in, we will remove your name from the chart. This will be an intense group with no excuses. We will help each other with each other's weight loss goals. On Saturday January 1st, 2011 please fill in the following form:

Screen Name:
Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011):
Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for):
Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?:
What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?:

Replies

• cchesvick
    Options
    This is great ! Thank you for giving me another motivational tool for the coming year. My initial goal when I logged on this morning was to try to lose 20 lbs by mid March. I love the challenge of trying to lose 50 lbs by July :)
    I've had gastric bypass, I started at 333 lbs in May of 1996 and stayed at 181.4 for a couple of years. I got married, happy and lazy and have gained too much weight. I weighed in at 211.4 this morning :(
    I am having a full body lift in March and want to lose as much weight as possible by then.
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    welcome aboard! on Saturday remember to come back and post your start weight, goal weight, why you want to lose 50+ lbs (my purpose for this question is to help keep you remembering whats important to you about losing the weight to keep you motivated), and what eating and/or exercise plan you have (this will help share ideas). Thank you :)
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Alright Stephanie you helped me in December lets see what we can do to July!! Thanks for keeping me accountable!

Screen Name: Christin09
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): I'll check back in with that
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 154... (OMG I am scared)
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to have a healthy BMI, still will be overweight by 9lbs so I need to get there!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1300 cals a day and exercise 5 times a week :)
  • fluffy21
    Options
    I am excited for this! I have never done one of these groups before but it sounds like it will help me stick to it!
  • emkamp03
    emkamp03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    oh my this is EXACTLY what my goal is! I am brand new....I know I need to make better choices in my diet (I love sweets and it is showing!) I am planning on doing a 30 day shred for exercise to get me started in january!
    I want to lose the weight by then because my brother is getting married on the beach on July 5th! So I want to be lookin cute and feeling better so I will feel like playing on the beach! I am sooo in!
  • lindseyfalcon
    Options
    screen name: lindseyfalcon
    That sounds great. Count me in :) I would like to lose at least 25 pounds by July 1st. I have been doing little things here and there. My starting weight is 150 lbs. Goal weight is 125 pounds. I would like to lose the weight First for myself and then of course to be healthy. I have never weighed over 110 pounds until I had Two kids. It makes you feel better. My eating plan is 1200 cal and I try to go walking at 3-4 times a week. I have a Gym membership and I haven't used it in awhile. The New Year I will change that and make a plan and better effort to go at 3 times a week :) Since I started MFP I have lost 15 lbs, so I know it's possible.....
  • mitzie81
    mitzie81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is actually my goal well 60lbs by July. Its great to have the support.
    Screen Name: Mitzie81
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 150
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To be healthier and not develop diabetes
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1400 calories daily and 1 hr workouts 6x weekly.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I really need some motiviational help. I am getting married in September 2011 and have about 20 lbs to lose before that time. My goal is to lose the 20lbs by July so I can have time to get my dress altered.

However, I have never done a group challenge before so I may need some guidane through it.
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    Count me in!

I will have to post on Sunday the 2nd though because I will be up in a cabin in the mountains with no internet for the weekend starting Friday AM through Sunday PM. But you can bet as soon as I get home, Ill be on here posting! I already set an alert in my e-mail and on my phone to remind me!

Happy sweating everyone! :tongue:
  • Vscrazy
    Options
    I would love to join :) I'm not new to MFP or to weight loss, but my self esteem has finally gotten so low that it's time to really do something just to make myself feel better in my own skin. I will post starting weight and all the answers on Saturday. :) see ya then!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group , I have about 50 more lbs to lose so this is perfect, and of course I would love to look great by summer.

Screen Name: themommie
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 215
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): (50lbs) 165
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: to have more energy, be healthier, look better, be able to do things like hiking and camping, long bike rides, water parks, amusement parks with my family
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: eating 1200 cal a day and exercising 5 days a week for 40 mins
  • faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My goal is to loose my last 50lbs by June 2011

Screen Name: faithNlove212
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: my main reason is to be healthy & not follow in my fathers footsteps of heart disease.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: continue to workout 5-6 days a week & log into MFP everyday!
  • sstewart36
    Options
    count me in
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I am totally in- I am also doing a 40 pound challenge by June 1st, so hopefully with two groups I will definitely meet and maybe even surpass my goals.

Screen name: mkingraham
    Starting Weight (On 1/1/2011):
    Goal by July 1st, 2011: -50lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I am tired of being overweight- I want to get into a healthy BMI range and to start planning for a family.
    What are your eating and exercies plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Eat 1400 cals a day and exerciese 6 days week doing cardio and weight training!
  • mrsmacg2b
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread! God knows I need the motivation. Watch this space on Sat!
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: jlynny1811
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): As of today 189
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 39
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I'll be at my goal weight
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I'm doing P90X right now, I burn more calories than I intake. I am deploying starting April (to a safe position), and I've been told that people tend to drop mega weight on deployments.
  • shanellereena
    Options
    I would definitely love to join this group. This is just what I need for that extra nudge of motivation.

Screen Name: shanellereena
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 60 lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to get back healthy and not follow my family's footsteps of being overweight into my adult years
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: eating 1200 calories/ day and continuing to exercise daily for 30 min.- an hour.
  • brstraka
    Options
    Count me in!! I will fill out on Saturday!! I need a group to keep me accountable.. Glad you started this challenge.
  • Kayla2284
    Kayla2284 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was looking for some motivation! I will check in on Saturday! Can't wait to get started.
    Kayla
  • hessond
    hessond Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love a challenge! This is just what I need! I will check back in on Saturday.