Can you LOSE 50+ pounds by July 1st? CHALLENGE!!!

Options

Replies

• TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    replying to come back tomorrow after my weigh-in.
  • christylynnrn
    christylynnrn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! Could definitely use the motivation and will absolutely do my best to keep up with the group.

Screen Name: ChristyLMeaker
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 236
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 180
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To feel better and be healthier, much cuter clothes
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Eat 1400 calories/day, work out at least 5 times a week (swimming, weight lifting, Zumba classes)
  • Stephanie191991
    Options
    Screen Name: Stephanie191991
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 179
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 129
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To be healthier and to be able to play with my niece and nephews
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Eat 1300 calories/day workout 5-6 times a week doing turbo Jam and shake weight
  • buggybug
    Options
    I am up for this. Will give my stats Saturday.
  • lilfarm
    lilfarm Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me :) I'll post my info in the morning.
  • Jewels1296
    Jewels1296 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!!! I'm excited! :-)

Screen Name: Jewels1296
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 236
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 180
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To be healthy, feel better, and fit back into my pre-nursing school/knee surgery clothes.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Eating between 1300-1400 calories per day and watching my fat intake. I plan on exercising at 4-5 times per week if not more.
  • tashie76
    Options
    Ok, so here goes!!! I'm really excited about starting this challenge. As a serial slimmer I am determined its for good this time!!

Screen Name: tashie76
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 248lb - eek!
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50lb (or as close as I can get to it)
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to set a good example to my children, I want to be able to buy clothes I like from any shop and not just make do with what fits. I also want to complete at 10k run in June 2011 and to run it all..
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Stick to my calorie intake recommended by MFP and get back to the gym 3 time a week. Also to start training for a 10k run in June 2011.

Good luck everybody - we can do this! x
  • dom300186
    dom300186 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i want to join this one two, as i have joined your january one
    dom300186
    SW 208 lbs
    GW 160 lbs = almost 40 lbs more if i can achieve
    Why? because im fed up and want to get into a lovely wedding dress for next year.
    calories per day allowed 1350 1 hr x 5-6 days a week kinect dance central 7 biggest loser
    Breakfast: grilled Bacon, mushrooms, lettuce with chopped toms most days lunch mostly chopped toms or saghetti hoops on toast and tea time: plenty of grilled chicken and stir fried veg.
    updated and ready to go!!!
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: 2Young4This
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 157.8
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 110
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I just want to be a normal weight - people have said I will always be curvy. Erm no, I won't!!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds? I'm doing the Dukan diet from today but going to see how it goes. If I don't get on with it I will swap back to 1200 calorie limit. I am also doing c 2 5 k and 30 day shred starting from today. Starting to take the exercise seriously.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: crazytxmom :tongue:
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 190
    Goal by July 1st, 2011: 140
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To stay healthy. I've seen many people I know acquire health problems that can be closely tied to the extra weight they carry - diabetes, heart issues, knee and feet pain. I don't want to take myself there. I'm approaching forty and want to get there and beyond at a healthy weight.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I will log in daily to track what I eat. That has been helpful & enlightening to see how that adds up. I've been using Just Dance 2 and plan to buy EA Active 2 to workout while it's cold outside. I will also purchase jump ropes & hula hoops so I can challenge my kids to see who can go the longest. Once spring comes I will get back on my beloved bicycle and begin working on a C25K program. My biggest "excuse" is time. I work full time, lead 2 Girl Scout troops & my kids have homework and music lessons we run to. I plan to plan meals for the week and include my kids in my exercises to wipe out that excuse.

Good luck to all!!
  • loulouBell72
    loulouBell72 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody :smile:
    I would love to join this as i have 50lb to loose and done terrible last year :grumble: Can i join tomorrow? My battery has gone in the scales so i don't know weight til i get to the shop :laugh:

Louise
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ok, now i can offically weigh in :tongue:

Screen Name: goobegone
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 231.0
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 160
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: i want 2 b physically fit & confident abt my body. i want 2 b able 2 fit anythin in there.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: jenny craig, trainin 4 half marathon, p90x/insanity/hip hop abs possibly
  • frogy_98
    frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: frogy_98
    Starting Weight 220.4
    Goal Weight: 170
    Why do I want to lose the weight: I want to be healthier and play more with my daughter.
    Excercise Plan: Sticiking to no more than 1450 calories per day and walking 2 miles 5 x per week minimum.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Stephanie, I like the way you think... you seem kind but driven, so I am in.

Screen Name: emmaleigh47
    Starting Weight: Will have to update tomorrow (January 1, 2011)

Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50 pounds (although I dont in any way believe that I am capable of losing that much by that time, but I am willing to try. My ultimate goal weight is about 185 because that is the last weight I was at that I remember feeling good about myself and my body!

Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to be under 200 pounds for the first time in 7 years.
    I used to say I wanted to run to lose weight, but now I want to lose weight so that I can run more and run faster!

What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?:
    - following MFP and logging my calories and staying close to my goal calories
    - running 3 days/week
    - cross training at least one day per week (ideally 2 or 3)
    - planning meals and grocery lists
    - making home cooked meal 3x/week

Thanks for letting me into this challenge!

Unfortunately, I have to report that my starting weight is 250 lbs.
    I am retaining alot of fluid from yesterday half marathon run .... so it will likely improve, but got to be honest!
    Happy New Years to Everyone!
  • brstraka
    Options
    Screen name: brstraka
    Starting Weight (on january 1 2011): 241 lbs
    Goal Weight on July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs. whatever you wish): 190 lbs.
    Why do you want to lose 50+ Ibs?: To be in a healthier place weight wise and be happier.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 5+ Ibs: Work out 3 to 4 times a week eat a good and health breakfast and lunch and a very light supper. Cutting out a lot of bad sugar that is not needed like in candy and pop.

This is the weight I am at right now but it might change by saturday. If it changes i will post it on saturday morning.

My weight this morning has changed from 241 to 237 :-)
  • marci_r2010
    marci_r2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I need a challenge I can stick with.. I always seem to miss the timing, so am really glad to find one to stick with. I was doing great, working with a personal trainer and lost almost 40 lbs in 2009 and then 2010 kicked my butt and I am ready for a fresh start. If you'll have me, I'm ready!

Screen Name: marci_r2010
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 303
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 253
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I have been extremely overweight for too long. It affects everything.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: No binge eating, calories in/calories out, tracking food and water intake, exercise 4-5x week.
  • Margiewar
    Margiewar Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! Count me in! I don't know how to work these challenges, so if something isn't right let me know. My name is Marge and Im starting the NY at 285lbs. I've walked three miles today, but usually do one or less. Good luck to all of us. My screen name is Margiewar, I'm 60 years old this month and I am tired of being heavy. When I was young I had the attitude, that weight didn't matter and anyone who didn't like it could lump it. I have only recently started being serious about losing weight. Never ever exercised, and ate what I wanted. Now that I am retired, I am not in the condition to do the things I like to do. Let's motivate each other and do it. If any one wants to befriend me , I;ll be happy to hear from you.
  • hessond
    hessond Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: hessond
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 200
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): I am not sure that 50 lbs is a realistic goal for me; however, I am going to shoot for 50 and see how the first couple of months go. I may need to modify my goal at a later date.
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: It would put me near my goal weight, which I haven’t been at since a teenager, and I would be near my ideal body weight. I really just want to be a healthier individual and have the energy I need to perform my job, and have fun with my family
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: My goal is to begin training for a ½ and then a full marathon. I have experienced some knee problems during this 6 months, so I am going to be starting from scratch. I plan to exercise at least 30 minutes everyday, and my goal is to get at least 6-8 hours of exercise in per week. I plan on doing a combination of running, walking, and aerobic along with 2-3 days of strength training. For my diet, I plan on trying to stay around 1500 net calories per day.
  • Steffi330
    Steffi330 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!!! This is going to be my year. I have never done a challenge before but I can use the support.

Screen Name: Steffi330
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 243
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 193
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to be a healthy weight for once in my life. I have been overweight my whole life and its time to change that. I want to demonstrate a healthy lifestyle for my kids. I want to be able to fit in the seat when we go to hockey games or to an amusement park. I want to look like I belong to my husband. I'm tired of being tired.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1350 calories and some sort of exercise everyday!

I can do this,, we can do this together!!!
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: Thomasvision

Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 252.4

Goal by July 1st, 2011 : My Goal is to be under 190 lbs by July so that will be a 62 lb + weight loss

Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to be healthy. I am tired of yoyoing. I want to feel good in my clothes again. In the past 10 years I have not been able to get under 200 lbs "when" I lose this 50+ lbs 200 will be just a memory!

What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?:
    -FOOD- My wife and I are fishatarian's (meaning we are almost a vegetarians except we eat no red meat or poultry). Have cut down on breads. I eat whole grain and wheat breads only, and only eat that once or twice a week and keep it to one slice. Lots of Water. Lastly, I always have a Protein shakes after workouts.
    -EXERCISE- I have been been doing two a days of Jillian Michaels & Slim in 6 workouts for the past week and will continue that until January 16th which is when my wife and I will start P90X and Insanity. My wife and I will also be running a 10K in the spring.

Happy New Year and God Bless you all in your Fitness journey.