Options
    My favorite chains...

East Coast: Shake Shack
    Midwest: Culver's
    West Coast: In-n-out
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    White Castles.... if you disagree with me you are wrong and need a couple beers and a sack of sliders to reconsider your opinion.

:noway: I've never been a fan of White Castle. When it comes to chains that offer slider types, I'd much prefer Krystal's.

It is ok to be wrong....
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    White Castles.... if you disagree with me you are wrong and need a couple beers and a sack of sliders to reconsider your opinion.

:noway: I've never been a fan of White Castle. When it comes to chains that offer slider types, I'd much prefer Krystal's.

It is ok to be wrong....

That's why I'm not judging you for it... ;)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Probably the best chain burger in my opinion is Steak & Shake.

I just saw this in "Eat this not that" and it was recommended, the cals are not astronomical like some. We have a couple of these but not conveniently located for me.

That is pretty cool! Maybe you can try it sometime if you haven't already. I want to say the double steakburger without cheese clocks in around 390 calories (sorry being lazy or I'd look it up). Really nice diner taste from a cheap chain (some even have drive through although I usually eat in).
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

I just saw this in "Eat this not that" and it was recommended, the cals are not astronomical like some. We have a couple of these but not conveniently located for me.

That is pretty cool! Maybe you can try it sometime if you haven't already. I want to say the double steakburger without cheese clocks in around 390 calories (sorry being lazy or I'd look it up). Really nice diner taste from a cheap chain (some even have drive through although I usually eat in).

I will now. I bet the shakes are not low-cal...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

I will now. I bet the shakes are not low-cal...

lol noooooo. Even the child size with no whip is like 500+ and the full size ones "as they come" are around 700-1,000. I had one of their birthday cake shakes for dinner back at the beginning of summer and I don't regret it one bit but that's like a yearly thing...not something I'd do regularly :-D
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    MIne would be first, with 5 Guys right behind.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Nowadays I wouldn't know, I haven't had a restaurant burger in years :[ but when I worked at American Cafe we had an AWESOME "burgundy burger" that was so messy and delicious you had to eat it with a fork and knife. Burgundy sauce, smoked provolone, sauteed mushrooms.. it was deliciouuus.

At home I make a rockin' bleu cheese and pepper burger, and a version of the burgundy burger that's good but just not the same.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Got to be anything from Red Robin.... A mushroom blue cheese is awesome
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Smothered in blue cheese and grilled onions:smile: