I'm not losing anymore weight!

Options
2»

Replies

• Marbella29660
    Marbella29660 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring your food to make sure your actually eating at a deficit ? Are you eating back your workout calories ? If so, how are you determining your burns ?
    Also, it looks like you probably don't have a lot to lose. So what are your calories set at?

I dont weigh anything out. I try to eat back my workout calories; I log my exercise in MFP and go off that to determine how many calories I've burned. However, I've read that MFP shoots pretty high with calories burned. So I try to stay a little under that too.

I just found your problem. You're eating too much.

As funny as this ^^^^ response is @SonicDeathMon is right. So is @Thorsmom05 food scales is your friend and finally take a third off all MFP burns. So a MFP burn of 300, should be only valued as 200. Do all of the above and you'll lose weight. That's your lot....
  • Vaherrera
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Looks like I'll be investing in a kitchen scale :wink: Y'all are awesome!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How are you measuring your calories from exercise? I suspect MFP or the tool you are using to calculate that is also over estimating. I would recommend an alternate approach which we refer to as the TDEE - 20%. It incorporates exercise as part of your lifestyle and forms a deficit from there. If you want, you can use the below link to do a custom set up. Based on your stats and workout routine, I would put you calories at 1500, macros at 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. With this method, you do not eat back exercise calories. This method should also help you calculate your maintenance calories pending you maintain the same level of exercise.

Since you only exercise 3 days a week, I would look to do 3 full body routines with emphasis on compound lifts. If you minimize the wait between reps to 30 or 60 seconds, you can also get a mild anaerobic effect (mild cardio). I would probably suggest doing the cardio as a warm up and lift heavy enough to fail at 8 to 12 reps. I can bet if you lift heavy enough, you will be exhausted by the end.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals
  • Vaherrera
    Options
    How are you measuring your calories from exercise? I suspect MFP or the tool you are using to calculate that is also over estimating. I would recommend an alternate approach which we refer to as the TDEE - 20%. It incorporates exercise as part of your lifestyle and forms a deficit from there. If you want, you can use the below link to do a custom set up. Based on your stats and workout routine, I would put you calories at 1500, macros at 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. With this method, you do not eat back exercise calories. This method should also help you calculate your maintenance calories pending you maintain the same level of exercise.

Since you only exercise 3 days a week, I would look to do 3 full body routines with emphasis on compound lifts. If you minimize the wait between reps to 30 or 60 seconds, you can also get a mild anaerobic effect (mild cardio). I would probably suggest doing the cardio as a warm up and lift heavy enough to fail at 8 to 12 reps. I can bet if you lift heavy enough, you will be exhausted by the end.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I appreicate it!