Brr!

Options
2»

Replies

• EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Seems to me I REALLY need a space heater!! Did your works provide you with this or did you purchase them on your own??

My work provided mine.

I need to look into this.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Well the colder your body is the more brown fat you acquire and the more calories you burn at your desk. Bring on the cold.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Space heaters can actually be the cause of the HVAC imbalance, which is why many places don't allow you to use them (on top of safety reasons). Everyone else gets frozen out because someone wants to be two degrees warmer. The thermostat is perpetually unsatisfied and you're spending electrical energy to spend more electrical energy combating the first. Just have an extra, available warm layer.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Space heaters can actually be the cause of the HVAC imbalance, which is why many places don't allow you to use them (on top of safety reasons). Everyone else gets frozen out because someone wants to be two degrees warmer. The thermostat is perpetually unsatisfied and you're spending electrical energy to spend more electrical energy combating the first. Just have an extra, available warm layer.

Thanks for the input! I know my past employer hated when anyone used space heaters and now I know why!

But, really, do you know how hard it is to find a fashionable/functional sweater for a fat girl?! OMGGgG! I've looked for years - seriously.