Why I won't GOMAD

Options
13»

Replies

• notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think the female equivalent should be LBOCAD - large bar of chocolate a day

I think that ought to give any female weight lifter just the right size of calorie surplus for muscle gain with female testosterone levels.

some might call this wishful thinking!! :laugh: ......... but someone should come up with a formula for exactly what quantity of chocolate would give the required surplus (assuming all other foods eaten take you to your TDEE)

I actually know a lady who is on that 'diet'. She is a hard gainer and a family block of chocolate was what the dr ordered.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Why is there another thread about GOMAD....thought this was covered in the last one.

jokes... I has them.

clearly it wasn't covered in the last one though- so I wanted to make sure everyone over here in the regular food/nutrition could voice their opinions... instead of spamming up the gaining section with how GOMAD is a horrible way to lose weight. because- facepalm.
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    I quit drinking milk a few years ago - I get all of the vitamins and calcium that milk provides through other sources, so there really isn't a reason to drink it besides taste.

^This. Gag! Just thinking about it. :noway:
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of milk. I only like it with a piece of chocolate cake, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or for cookies and ONLY if it's ice cold.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i could maybe get through a quart of milk if there's a sleeve of oreo's on the side. but a gallon? i'd be puking by noon. :sick:
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Oh, swoon. I am dairy girl, incarnate. Lord love my Nordic ancestry. (Great-Grandpa left (Sweden? Norway?).) Northern European bloodline shows. In that short, stocky, easily hold lots of fat, way, and not that tall and willowy way. :ohwell: But I can drink copious volumes of milk with impunity.

Milk, cheese, ice cream; I'm there. So is an extra mumble-mumble pounds.

But even making informed choices about what I eat, I could easily drink most of a quart a day. If I didn't have to be conscious of the calories? Not sure I could sustain a gallon a day, but I would be up for trying. :happy:
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Trying this tomorrow for breakfast. I will consume 1 gallon of whole milk plus some greek yogurt and string cheese. GOMAD!

Who else wants to join me? I do food challenges quite often and my diary is open (if you are on my friends list).

I will be at a caloric deficit tomorrow. GOMAD can be used for cutting or bulking depending on your TDEE and additional intake.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Because I dream that one day Mark Rippetoe will come at me and say YNDTP, GOMAD or GTFO!
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant and half of my kids are as well, we still drink and LOVE milk. The air in the house is thick but we don't care :P
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Not a vegetarian or an animal rights zealot, but I think milk, as a beverage, is disgusting. I love cheese (my downfall), ice cream, yogurt... but milk--blech!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Way tastier ways to hit high caloric intakes.