What is your go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Leejack3
    Leejack3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is one cup egg whites blended with 1 cup frozen strawberries and 3 teaspoons stevia. 1/2 cup oatmeal measured dry then cooked. 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup. On a day I need something quick I substitute 2 pieces of whole wheat toast for the oatmeal so I can eat on the run.
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A chocolate shakeology made with water, half a scoop of some other protein powder to get the protein up to 30 grams, a few tablespoons of psyllium fiber, and either instant espresso or PB2. Gets me just under 300 calories and I will feel full till 10:30, which is when I have a snack.
  • shank35l
    shank35l Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    1 poached egg
    1 single serving of Jimmy Dead Sausage
    1 Piece of toast

Keeps me going through lunch, my body says its just right for me.I cook right after I get done with my morning routine of a 2 mile walk with a 35lb rucksack,
  • healthyhayles
    Options
    I absolutely love oatmeal, the old-fashioned, cook on the stove kind. I love it! So delicious and definitely filling! I add chia and flax seeds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, allbran and sultanas:)
  • jadeeyes480
    Options
    Vanilla or chocolate : Muscle milk light or muscle milk 100cal blended with water, ice and berries :-) its quick and easy, especially for a busy morning. You can find muscle milk products at some samsclubs and on amazon.com ..... I've tried eating oatmeal and other carbs and different times of the day and it doesn't work for me. I end up: 1) my body feels weird I immediately swell/bloat and it looks like I gained a 9months pregnant belly :s and I get fatigued, and 2) my gut feels like carbs just sit there for DAYS and does NOT digest (I only have that prob with carbs- oatmeal, bread, noodles, rice (brown or white- it is the worst).
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have three:

1) Porridge with cinnamon (sometimes with a few raisins or half a banana)
    2) Wholewheat toast with thinly spread peanut butter and mashed banana
    3) Scrambled eggs on wholewheat toast

All of these keep me full for hours. The first one is weekdays, the others are weekend/non-work days
  • carolinaem
    carolinaem Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    An egg white omelette cooked in 1/2 TBS of olive oil with onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, and 1/4 cup full fat cheese. ~260 calories

OR on mornings when I have a long run planned

1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal cooked in 1 cup of milk, one banana mashed in and 1 TBS peanut butter- 460 calories

Both of these keep me full until lunch. I also will sometimes have the omelette for dinner if I need a super low cal meal because I have used up too many calories for the day.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    coffee
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    usually 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup frozen berries and lots of cinnamon. sometimes a cup of tea, plus half a banana or orange/clementine. sometimes it varies but that's pretty much my boring every day go to
  • MirandaKeeler
    MirandaKeeler Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll go for a cup of oatmeal with a teaspoon of brown sugar, a cup of milk, and either a banana or some vanilla greek yogurt.
    If I'm hungry before lunch, which I'm usually not, I like to eat a string cheese stick. :)
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Light cottage cheese, mixed with berries and silk almond milk. A cup of coffee too
  • Jdigs88
    Jdigs88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup egg whites with a nice pinch of cheese. 75 cal, 11g protein. Plus, of course, coffee with one creamer. It keeps me full until from 7:15 to 10, and then I usually have some peanut butter with a few crackers, a fruit, or cottage cheese (another 100 cal or less snack). I try to keep it high protein and low calorie in the morning.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Coffee
    3 Hard Boiled egg (usually whites only, but sometimes the yolk)
    Banana or Oatmeal

Usually keeps me full until lunch,if not a little snack will do :smile:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs.
  • jeffro93
    jeffro93 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    40grams of porridge oats, with blueberries and a squeeze of honey.
  • keithmustloseweight
    Options
    2 slices of bread
    2 eggs
    bacon
    half a liter of milk
    cocoa powder
    spoon of sugar

noice breakfast. Little over 800 cals.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I never know what I am going to eat. The majority takes less than 5 min. prep time…I have no rules about the kind of food I eat. I like lots of variety. Good luck.

Samples:

Egg Busters with broccoli (under 100 cal.)

Lite sausage, egg busters, 1 slice lite toast (137 calories)

3 oz. Flounder, broccoli, mushrooms

Turkey sausage, 1 slice white toast, 1 egg, sm orange (222 calories)

Lean Cuisine “snack” pizza – (180 cal.)

Jimmy Dean Delights Golden Turkey (210 cal.)

Lean Cuisine Canadian Bacon egg muffin (180 cal.)

Halibut & broccoli ( 120 cal.)

Egg busters with black bean / corn salsa (100 cal.)
  • Running_down_a_dream
    Options
    I think i will make some . thanks
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my breakfast right away - I start work at 7 and get hungry around 9 so I need something something convenient I can have at my desk.

Most mornings, I drink a peppermint tea or two when I get to work, then around 9am, I have a half-serving (1-scoop) of Mocha flavoured SlimStyles shakes (115 calories) and another tea or switch to my water. I really am full until lunch.

If it's a morning that I feel I NEED to eat something, I have an instant oatmeal packet (I have tons of flavours but I've learned that even the original is fabulous). That'll go anywhere from 100-200 calories but that usually only satiates me for a couple of hours.

A low calorie breakfast and a low calorie lunch (plus a walk at lunch) means I get to eat a substantial dinner which is what works best for me.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites & 1 whole egg scrambled with ham and cheese. sometimes I wrap it up in a st josephs whole wheat and oat with flax wrap.
    Usually holds me and if not I eat some almonds or cottage cheese or a piece of fruit