Healthy Cake Options, if that's a thing...

Options
13»

Replies

• slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My birthday and MFP have never met! :laugh:

Some days are just for enjoying.

This.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Fruit Cake is the healthiest choice. Because every year when I get sent one, I throw it away. 0 Calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    While I agree with others that cake on your birthday probably* won't affect your overall weight loss plan, if you don't want cake there is no reason you should feel you have to eat cake. A friend should respect your wishes.

*I say probably because I realize some people have issues with controlling portions when it comes to sweets.
  • Witchykaite
    Witchykaite Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in a couple of weeks and I have already planned on making that a day that I am not worrying about counting anything. Its not cake I'm planning on, its a cheesesteak that I have been craving for the past three weeks and been good about not getting. Luckily my b-day is on a Monday so I'll have all week to make up for it. :)
  • Witchykaite
    Witchykaite Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If it's your birthday, all cakes are 0 calories. If it's someone else's birthday, all cakes are 50% off.

I had a customer one time tell me that if there is any kind of fruit in the dessert, it was healthy. Worked for me.
  • nikkiworld2
    nikkiworld2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    One of my really good friends is insistent on making me a cake for my birthday. (Oct. 3rd) I told her it's totally okay if she doesn't but she is pretty insistent. I'm hoping someone out there has an amazing alternative to traditional cake that wont make me waste half my calories and go over my sugar limit! :)

or if anyone has any good ideas for a healthy dinner option maybe I can convince her to just make me dinner instead! Any recipes or ideas are welcome! Please help!

Angel food cake! There's a great recipe where you mix the angel food cake mix w/a can of crushed pineapple's; do it in a sheet cake form, not the bundt cake pan. Bake for the amount of time listed in the directions on the angel food cake mix - that's the only direction to follow.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the angel food cake and fruit posters. I saw a beautiful layer cake barely iced, you could sill see the cake under the icing and then it was decorated with berries, Really pretty and a bit healthier without all that decorator icing.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Oh, it only happen once a year, just enjoy it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Or you can try http://www.skinnytaste.com to find something that's healthier or have less calories.
  • rungurl3
    rungurl3 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy:

Dump cake mix and a 12 oz can of diet soda in a bowl. Mix. Throw in greased cake pan and bake as directed on box. All those calories from eggs, oil, etc. vanish and it's yummmmmy! Garnish with fresh fruit or a light whipped cream icing.

Enjoy!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake with fresh fruit and and homemade whipped cream.

Unless you have a medical condition that warrants monitoring it, ignore the sugar it's just another carbohydrate.

This^

Scratch angel food cakes are even yummier.....moist and tender.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Better than sex weight watcher cake! Devils food cake mix, 1 can diet coke, I egg, mix together, cook 350, I can condensed non fat milk missed with sugar free caramel sauce on top of cake and frost over that with sugar free cool whip!.. delicious and low in calories!

Sugar free caramel??? Isn't that an oxymoron, since caramel is nothing but sugar that's melted and cooked until it's browned? lol

Not the way I make them.....gotta have heavy cream and butter in there too!