What are your expectations from your friends on mfp

Options
I sometimes get friend request from guys and we exchange few private messages then they want to talk to me regularly to get to know me.Sometimes i just stop responding in the middle of the conversation because I am busy atvthat moment or I just ne bothered .

Most of the time they suggest adding them on chat and when I don't follow through, they delete me.I find this happens allot with male friends but not females.Usually I am just fine with encouraging each other in wall post and statuses.So what's your exceptions from your mfp friends?

Replies

• headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I expect presents.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no expectations at all...I like my friends on here and love interacting with them but I don't expect anything more than they are willing to give and I hope they feel the same way.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I expect presents.

"presents"
  • Oxmarqt
    Oxmarqt Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    All I hope for is that they will be available to answer questions I may have about their diary or there journey. I try to be friends with people that started out in a similar place as I did and have gotten to the goal I am hoping for or close to it. I am just looking for support as opposed to friendly chit chat, etc.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I expect them to be themselves... and to bring me coffee in bed
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    They must entertain me or they're OUT!

OP -- Seems you need to be a little more selective in who you add. I only add people I've interacted with already and I sort of know their personality. Most have mutual friends. I have lots of men on my FL and they're respectful, funny and interesting. Every once in a while, one starts flirting or something, but I try to gently make it clear that isn't why I'm here and that I'm not available and they usually take that just fine and back off.

I've never been unfriended for it and no one has asked me to PM.

EDITED: To not sound like a pirate.
  • desidieter
    Options
    I sometimes get friend request from guys and we exchange few private messages then they want to talk to me regularly to get to know me.Sometimes i just stop responding in the middle of the conversation because I am busy atvthat moment or I just ne bothered .

Most of the time they suggest adding them on chat and when I don't follow through, they delete me.I find this happens allot with male friends but not females.Usually I am just fine with encouraging each other in wall post and statuses.So what's your exceptions from your mfp friends?

I've had a very similar experience, also with guys. Some of the messages straight up feel like the kind of messages one might get on a dating website. I never add anyone on chat. I've had a few requests but have never followed through. I just don't see the need to take my conversations outside of MFP. I'm not here to make lifelong friends. Doesn't matter if they are a guy or girl. I'm here to get (and give) support and motivation from people who are on this healthy life journey. That's it.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Working towards a goal. Asking for advice if they are struggling.

29509743.png
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    You want support via your wall.

They want to pm you and use chat software.

Prioritise what you want and set your boundaries. Do not worry about being rude to the point that you end up communicating in a way you have neither time for, nor feel comfortable with.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options

For some reason, I don't get the impression these specific guys are interested in being "friends"
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I just don't see the need to take my conversations outside of MFP. I'm not here to make lifelong friends.

Come on, we all know that's not their motivation either.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I am thinking to stop accepting male request from now on.It seems like most of them want take things further
    This is not a dating website. I am not trying to sound cocky or anything:blushing: :bigsmile:
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    To be Awesome.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Noodz or gtfo
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Interact.

Don't be BSC.

Have a sense of humor.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I am thinking to stop accepting male request from now on.It seems like most of them want take things further
    This is not a dating website. I am not trying to sound cocky or anything:blushing: :bigsmile:

MFP is whatever you make of it. Set boundaries that are comfortable for you. If males are deleting you for not "taking things further" - that's just natural selection at work. Be glad - they are respecting that boundary.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    conan-the-barbarian_l-1.jpg
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

You would be amazed by the number of nudez the ladies send around on here. Propping up damaged egos gets just as tiring for the men.