Food oddities?

Options
13»

Replies

• 999peanut
    Options
    cheese and marmalade on toast.. or jam and cheese sandwiches also works

cheese and rich fruit cake, blue cheese is best..

marmite and tomato on toast..

peanut butter and sausages..

banana sandwich..

cucumber dipped in sugar.. or salt with apple.. small amounts not enough to cause issues..
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    anyone ever tried curd cheese mixed with sugar a and raw egg? You should!
  • emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I usually take a swig of leftover pickle brine before rinsing out the jar and recycling it...
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    The whole "milk with crackers" thing makes me gag...my dad used to eat that and gross me out! :sick:

I do, however, love a miracle whip & dill pickle sandwich on occasion and if you haven't tried it, you must put a cold dill pickle slice on a hot grilled cheese sandwich ---delicious!:laugh: :laugh:
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    always-sunny-milk-steak-ep-12_zpsf2b00e70.jpg
    :laugh:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Edited to include; Talking about crushes Ramen. I thought it would copy the poster of that.

It is actually very good on a salad, and if you take the seasoning mix and put it with some olive oil and vinegar, it makes a great dressing.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Cold Ravioli straight from the can. Cold spaghetti and meatballs, cold pizza. Oh my god I love it. But now I can't have it because I developed an allergy to tomato sauce.

In school, I'd put mayo on pizza, so good.

Now I love mashed avocados and chicken salad.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Maple almond butter on sweet potatoes

and

Wasabi peas with chocolate chips (or M&Ms).
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Cold Ravioli straight from the can. Cold spaghetti and meatballs, cold pizza. Oh my god I love it. But now I can't have it because I developed an allergy to tomato sauce.

In school, I'd put mayo on pizza, so good.

Now I love mashed avocados and chicken salad.

Cold pizza makes the best breakfast! Oh and cold fried chicken. MMMMMMMM
    Loving this thread.
  • reachingforarainbow
    Options
    Don't really eat anything that strange now but used to eat:
    mustard and ketchup, mixed together, by itself
    peanut butter and honey or cornsyrup or jam mixed together by itself
    microwaved cheese by itself
    maple syrup on bread (not toast, just bread to the point of sogginess)
    combinations of becel flour (and/or cocoa) sugar
    bread with sugar
    relish
    basically any codiment with a spoon.
    and frozen multigrain bread

things I still do: if i have a container of pb2, almost all of it is eaten dry. and eat cold canned food. and picked apart my food (say pizza) first I eat the veggies of it, then the meat, then the cheese, then the crust (but only if I'm by myself)
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Cool ranch corn nuts dipped in chocolate frosting.
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I as little my favorite things were ketchup and cheese - 1 slice of white bread with ketchup and topped with cheese all melted to bubbly perfection.

And tuna fish sandwich with a melted cheese slice on top. Mmmm.
  • VintageFit
    VintageFit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    When I was in elementary school we all used to take those bags of ramen noodles, crush them in the bag and sprinkle that awful msg laden seasoning over it, twist the bag shut, shake it around, and snack on the dried seasoned noodle bits. It was pretty tasty! Now I think that those dried noodles would be killer on a salad!
    Me too! I don't know who came up with this but we all ate it at school.
    We did that at my German school too! So weird that it seems to be a 'school trend'.
    I quite liked it because it was a bit like crisps but with more flavour...

Now I want it again! Maybe I'll buy some ramen next time I go grocery shopping..
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    When I as little my favorite things were ketchup and cheese - 1 slice of white bread with ketchup and topped with cheese all melted to bubbly perfection.

And tuna fish sandwich with a melted cheese slice on top. Mmmm.
    Lol! Sounds like makeshift pizza
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    i thought i was the only cake mix eater it later evolved to melting butter into the mix and stirring in frosting

I've done this! Then spread it on toast or whatever, it's kind of like that cookie butter. Cake butter, we could have been millionaires!

Other odd things: anything that I would eat that comes out of a can, I will just as happily eat it cold. Room temp, straight from the can corned beef hash is the food of the gods. But also any veg, soup, anything.

I tend to microwave large fruits before eating them. Things like melons or fruit salad, where you dice it all up then refridgerate until gone. I really hate cold fruit, so I warm it up a bit.

While . . . experimenting with certain things as a rebellious teenager, I discovered that HoHos/DingDongs (whatever the jelly roll style snack cakes with cream and fake chocolate coating are called) are quite tasty dipping in Ranch dressing. Haven't done it in years, but I have recreated it while NOT stoned and it- very surprisingly- holds up.
  • obeey_mee
    obeey_mee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As a kid i uses to eat hotdog buns with ketchup and mayo as a snack.
    I went through a mustard phase and used to put it on everything, even salad.
    Cereal on oatmeal is really good :P
    Corn straight from the can. I like it better then fresh corn.
    I really like campbells soup cold straight from the can. I did that in summer once.