Dropping pounds but not sizes

Options
2»

Replies

• JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    The fat you're losing isn't coming from your stomach, so your waistline isn't shrinking at all or just not enough.
    ^This is definitely my problem. My jeans are huge in the legs and butt, but are just now getting to be too loose in the waist. Most people say the weight comes off of the middle last.
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    I make sure to take my measurements every month. I might have only lost 1/2 and inch from my waist line, but maybe I lost 8 inches over all.
    You have to remember the fat is coming from your arms, legs, butt, hips, neck, chest, back. EVERYWHERE. So it takes a little while to notice a huge change.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Are you doing resistance/weight training as least 2x per week? If not you are losing muscle mass and not fat and it will take much longer for you to drop a size.
  • Annabear3
    Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing. What I've learned is I was wearing clothes a little tight because now they are loose and comfy. Some close doesn't work anymore, items that were intended to be loose at a bigger size. I've decided to try and wear my clothes as long as I can because I don't intend to go down just 1 or 2 sizes. When this journey is over (and the maintenance one begins) I'm hoping to be several sizes smaller. So I don't want to buy new wardrobes multiple times if I can avoid it.

29 lbs is a big deal and you should feel very proud of that. You are starting to feel it and see it and before you know it, it'll be very obvious. Don't be discourage by not having to get new clothes yet. Think of the money you're saving! Before you know it you'll have to start buying new clothes. As long as you are feeling better, fitter, healthier.... you are on the right track!
  • IsaCaliBel
    IsaCaliBel Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That also happened to me at first. I guess I was expecting to be a lot smaller when I lost 30-40 lbs. I DID lose inches just not as much as I was thinking, and it sounds like you did also. Don't get discouraged!!!
    Your clothes are starting to loosen up on your, you're slowly shrinking. It's a slow process for sure but well worth it! I suggest taking measurements as well and pictures!

73529108.png
  • IsaCaliBel
    IsaCaliBel Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have been tracking inches, but the past month I haven't dropped any inches at all even though I feel I visibly look tighter, so I am wondering if I am not doing it right or something, lol.

Take pictures!!!
    Doing this helped me notice more lifting and tightening then I thought was going on, lol.
    Hang in there, you're on the right track!