10k run... OMG don't know if I can do it!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You should eat before you train and eat before you race. Don't try something brand new on race day! Start eating an hour or two before your training run. You will need it as your round get longer.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    Often read, (but not tried) that before any race as a novice, you don't need to have run quite the full distance beforehand as adrenalin will carry you the extra on the day. So if you can get up to running 8k a few times you will easily do the 10 on the day.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm no runner, but if your training volume works anything like training for a distance swim, you totally have this.

Enjoy!
  • prairiedana
    Options
    You can definitely make the jump to 10k- you'd be surprised what the rush of the crowd, cheering, running with others and what not can motivate you to do :) Besides, it's only 1 day. I bet you can add an extra 5k one time, for one run!
  • IsaCaliBel
    IsaCaliBel Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Happy to report that I DID finish my first 10k, running the entire race!!!
    I really felt accomplished! I never ran like that my entire life, it was pretty cool. I have kept up with my runs and plan on more races soon. It's so very true how the excitement and running with others keep you going longer than you thought you could.

Anyone looking to run a race, do it! There's some great training plans that really help.
    :)
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    IsaCaliBel wrote: »
    You guys are awesome! Happy to report that I DID finish my first 10k, running the entire race!!!
    I really felt accomplished! I never ran like that my entire life, it was pretty cool. I have kept up with my runs and plan on more races soon. It's so very true how the excitement and running with others keep you going longer than you thought you could.

Anyone looking to run a race, do it! There's some great training plans that really help.

GREAT job!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    IsaCaliBel wrote: »

Yeah! Wonderful.

Best wishes on your next racing pursuits, whatever they may be.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Well done!!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It is indeed a great feeling.