5'3 195 pounds

Options
1235»

Replies

• lyndoncir2015
    Options
    Well, I have similar stats. Count me in for some extra support!! My goal is 5 pound loss a month. Been using MyFitnessPal for 3 days and love it!! Change of pace from counting points.
  • innerexp
    innerexp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 192. Started at 222. Goal is 122 (*)
  • sarahmbuck263
    sarahmbuck263 Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am just under 5'4 and am 205 pounds. Have lost 7lbs in my first week. I have just written my own personal blog which uncovers my history and why I believe I am here. Whilst I am not ready to reveal to anyone yet, just reading it back is making me determined to keep going this time.
    I have just eaten my lunch and recognised when I was full. OMG and I stopped eating, put the lid back on too. That is a major step forward.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    5'2" and started off at 174lbs. Down to just under 160 now (can't quite say I'm in the 150s but almost!). Hoping to lose at least another 20. I hope I start to really see a difference by then.
  • JessicaP327
    JessicaP327 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" 176-8. I didn't weigh in at the start of this because I honestly hate the scale and get depressed continuously when I look at it. Been doing this seriously for a week now and I know (I think I know) there are changes. I can see my legs and arms and my face look slimmer. But again, the scale and I are bitter enemies and I do not want to weigh in until I feel my clothes start fitting better. My ultimate goal is 130, but hoping to get down to around 150 by May, if possible.

Currently I hit the gym 6-7 days a week, doing cardio. I haven't gotten into weights or anything else, for a couple reasons, mostly because I am ashamed of how I look in comparison to 95.5% of the girls at my gym. Also, my boyfriend and I attend the gym together, and he knows EVERYONE, so its kind of a buzzkill when I feel like they're all thinking "wow he's dating a cow." I burn about 500 calories, sometimes more. I have a HRM and it gives me accurate readings and I don't go by the MFP calories burned on here with exercise since its usually way off. I have trouble eating back the calories, though. Usually I end up netting about 800 calories a day with 600 or so remaining to eat back from exercise. I just can't do it. I am also not going by MFP suggestion of calorie intake (1200). Instead, I did the calculations of BMR, TDEE, etc. to get the amount of calories I should have and am going by that (1450). It works, but like I said, I end up with a significant # of calories at the end of the day.

I drive for work. I am in my car 90% of the day. The other 10% is spent sitting bedside of dying patients with families, talking. I can't very well bring microwavable meals to work, otherwise I'd make 4 small meals a day instead of B,L,D x 2 snacks.

Previously, I used MFP and was at 168 and lost 30lbs. That was 3 years ago. Then life happened, lots of changes... and here we are. I know its possible to do. Its just a matter of getting it done.

So that's about me. I am all private in my profile and journal (with a password--- creepers freak me out) but I'm available for support too.

P.S. I do have pretty decent Low Fat/Low Cal recipes if anyone needs them. I was kinda a foodie before this whole thing, so I HAVE TO make this 'healthy' food (that's usually bland) taste good otherwise I'm totally screwed.
  • ColorMeGinger
    ColorMeGinger Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love all the posts, very encouraging! I'm 5'3" and started at 196, I'm now 182. I lose then I gain, then lose, then gain, but I refuse to give up. I too was at 168 last May, then put most of what I had lost back on. I'm a work in progress. Went to the doctor last week and had blood work done. My numbers are good, which is great because a year ago my blood pressure was high. I don't post much but do love reading everyone's comments and thoughts. Thank you all for the support.