any praying people out there??

Options
13»

Replies

• Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I read your post from 9/15 and you said you were 18 and going through a divorce :huh:

I just checked that out, too. She sure did. Not impossible for her to have had a "boyfriend" too, but we all know this story sounds a little out there. *shakes head*

Oh well, I look at it this way, any prayers sent up or good thoughts sent out are never in vain, even if those of us sending them were tricked or lied to. God, the Higher Powers/Deity of Choice, or the Universe knows who or what it needed to go to. :flowerforyou:
  • ljriley2013
    Options
    You both are in my prayers. Don't give up and ask God to give you strength and to heal your boyfriend. Let Him know that you need Him right now and that you can't do this alone. Lift up your boyfriend to God and ask for healing. God Bless!!:smile:
  • Miss_1999
    Options
    I read your post from 9/15 and you said you were 18 and going through a divorce :huh:
    I just checked that out, too. She sure did. Not impossible for her to have had a "boyfriend" too, but we all know this story sounds a little out there. *shakes head*
    Shall not God search this out? For he knows the secrets of the heart. (Psalms 44:21)

I was skeptical too but decided to put my cynicism aside momentarily to comfort someone who might really be in distress.

If this was an attention seeking thing, well, mission accomplished.

If it was legit, the outcome was good and the prayers were appreciated.

But the bottom line is: Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. (Galatians 6:7)

I'll leave the judgment on this up to the man upstairs.

Pot, please meet kettle. It's nice that you took only *part* of my quote, and left out the rest. When the entire message is posted, you can see, I agreed. Even if she did come here and lie, those who sent out prayers or thoughts weren't in vain, but maybe because I recognized others, besides myself, that might be of other religions and/or lack there of, that wasn't ok? I don't know? Or you really might not have seen the whole post. I'll give the benefit of the doubt, but it's here.

Oh well, I look at it this way, any prayers sent up or good thoughts sent out are never in vain, even if those of us sending them were tricked or lied to. God, the Higher Powers/Deity of Choice, or the Universe knows who or what it needed to go to. :flowerforyou:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Miss_1999,

The judgment I was referring to was my own. Like I said, I'm skeptical and that's putting it politely in light of reviewing OP's posting history. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I probably should have left your quote out entirely, partial or otherwise.

Odesangel was on the ball and did the homework. Which, imo, is relevant. There's also another post in OP's posting history which fuels my skepticism which I won't mention in detail. I should have done my reading before I originally replied to this thread.

My response had nothing to do with you personally, your religion or spiritual beliefs, or our respective pots and kettles. :smile:

OP has deactivated. I think we got tricked. :embarassed: I'm glad I denied the friend request though :laugh:

PS: The other post in the former OP's posting history made reference to an admission of being diagnosed with bipolar, depression, PTSD and two other psychiatric conditions. She was dangling multiple baits. We bit on the prayer bait :blushing:

Oh well. I still love a good trickster.

I'm not a big praying person, but it bugged me that people were responding out of the goodness of their hearts, and this person was playing it out. It's nice to see that people can still be awesome, even if it may be undeserved in this case.

Flowers for you all :flowerforyou:
  • Miss_1999
    Options
    Oh well, it's ok, no harm done. Flowers back, and all around. :flowerforyou:

No prayers or good thoughts sent out were in vain, if they went out with good intentions. Thanks to everyone who does still have a good heart, and too the time to care. I don't blame anyone for being upset. I got a little grumpy myself, for different reasons, but at the end of the day, let's be glad we came together to try to help, and that was a good thing. Don't stop helping, praying, sending out good thoughts. :heart: