whats the one thing you can't give up

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Coffee!! Although I drink it black so I'm not getting any extra calories. And there are health benefits to coffee. :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I can't give up anything! everything in moderation! beer, pizza, popcorn, chocolate...
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    chocolate!
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    I can't give up anything! everything in moderation! beer, pizza, popcorn, chocolate...

Amen!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Cheese and bread... and booze... and chocolate

But honestly I don't think I have to absolutely give up anything forever.
  • drbuffdaddu
    Options
    Yogorino... it's an italian frozen yogurt. The BEST frozen yogurt in the world. It's actually not bad for you; it has real probiotics, is lowfat (2% milk), and uses only natural cane sugar, but I just like to eat SO much of it! For me, it's the quantity of this stuff I can't give up. It's addicting and I love it so much!!!
  • puddles76
    puddles76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It took about 2 weeks but I switched from Dr. Pepper to Diet Dr. Pepper. Now I like that even more then the regular. Actually just posted about it and how much I drink it :)
  • harleyquinn1504
    harleyquinn1504 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ferrero Rochers. I can eat like 12 in a sitting. MmmMm
  • Gemstone3237
    Gemstone3237 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My answer is def. COFFEE and Hazelnut creamer!! And it looks like I am in good company. I would like to let it go because I drink around two big cups a day, appro. 190 calories. I just cant function without my coffee and I cant drink my coffee without hazelnut creamer! Its my coffee that puts me over my calories on days I cant workout....ITS EVIL! But I still love it!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I would almost say Alcohol, but I regularly take weeks and/or months of breaks off of that without even thinking about it or buggin about it in the least....I'd also almost say Sushi, but I haven't had sushi in like 6 months either, only gave it up for money reasons....so.....hmmmm. I guess ultimately it's chocolate then, since I still try to get some weekly and get the cravings for it sometimes.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I binge on pizza...thin crust, green pepper and mushroom, no cheese...but that only happens once every three weeks or so...but I can't give it up. Or Rene's creamy cucumber salad dressing...it's the only creamy dressing that's dairy free...and it's my staple:grumble:
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Popcorn. And not the 100 calorie -98% fat free kind. Tastes too much like cardboard. Popcorn is my night-time snack and I allow for it in my calories. It hasn't kept me from losing weight yet.
  • ralbertario
    Options
    I also have tried not to give anything up in terms of food-otherwise I would be miserable. I have tried to eliminate all fast foods though and I don't drink as much sodas and starbucks as I used to. I just need to get better at portion controlling. I feel that is the key with everything.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    hummm I would say....food ;o)

Being in Montreal where the baguette taste like a baguette and where you can find so many delicious kind of cheese, I do not wish to have a life without those. I would also say sushi and chocolate
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've cut back on fat.

I've cut back on sugar.

I've cut back on carbs.

They'll have to pry the caffeinated drinks out of my cold, dead hands.
  • cflorkie
    cflorkie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    lol srcurran!:laugh:

let's see. I've cut back on alot of things, and everything that I can't eliminate, I've switched to low calorie versions or watch my portions.

I don't think sushi is bad for you at all, so those of you that eliminated that, what for? Mind you I'm a vegetarian so I just get the avacado and yam rolls...yummmy. I had it yesterday after a workout and I may go get two rolls for lunch.

the one thing I can't give up is sleep. There is no way I will get out of bed for a workout at 5am. Suck it, alarm clock.:tongue:
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    coffee. i have 4 kids. i need coffee, i want coffee, i NEED coffee!!! :drinker:
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    I am addicted to hot sauce. I will put it on just about anything. Now hot sauce itself only has about 20 calories ( at one time I actually just drank it to bypass all the food I would otherwise put it on, ewww) but the food I find to put it on, much much more!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Bread, coffee, and wine. I limit my bread to once a week, and I'll have a glass of wine while I'm cooking dinner 2 or 3 times a week.

Coffee is an every morning thing, and I won't apologize to myself for it. I've switched to sweet 'n low instead of sugar and I use the fat-free hazelnut creamer from coffee mate. That 35 calories is SO worth it every day. I just can't get going without it in the morning.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Mashed Potatoes!

I gave up the Mt. Dew 2 years ago. I haven't had macaroni and cheese in over a month (the craving is still there). I will not give up my mashed potatoes for anything. I have, however, learned portion control.