Am I allowed to be angry?

Options
Ok so I decided that today was going to be a "cheat" day for me....I decided to have a cheat day since I have been stuck at the same weight for about 3 weeks....having cheat days is how i broke my last plateau even though it was just for 1.5lbs...i didnt care just so the number changed!! Well since losing the 1.5lbs I have been stuck again so I asked my bf if we could have lunch out today and get sushi!! I went to bed sooooo excited (sushi is literally one of my favorite things to eat) well this morning I get up and get ready and we get to the sushi place and they werent open yet. We got there at 11:20 and they open at 11:30...well we had some earrands to run while we were out so i suggested that we do that and then come back to eat...well while we were running earrands my boyfriend tells me he doesnt want sushi and he is not eating it....well i am completely and totally pissed right now especially because he got greasy *kitten* fast food and ate it right in front of me and i still havent eaten anything....i just cant bring myself to eat **** i dont like to have a cheat day...if i am going to cheat i want to enjoy the food.....do i have a right to be pissed right now or do i just need to get over it? it just hurts my feelings that he doesnt give a crap about how hard i have worked to lose weight to wake up every morning and see the same number!!!

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I'd be mad. I mean you were already there, at the door even. He then all of a sudden changes his mind and you have no say? I mean come on. Power trip!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    - Quote- do i have a right to be pissed right now or do i just need to get over it? - Quote -

Probably better for your head and health to simply get over it sooner than later. Nothing wrong with feeling upset but it never feels worth it to me to stay there very long...but that's just me and I don't typically get upset over food, it's just not that big a deal to me anymore.

Can you simply eat sushi by yourself and enjoy your own company this time? :flowerforyou:
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Does the sushi place have a delivery service? Order some and cheer up you'll get over this.
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    take a book and go by yourself and enjoy some me time :-)
  • beverlyfox
    Options
    I would be angry. It was your cheat day. You should get to eat what you want. I am guessing your bf can eat whatever he wants when ever he wants. Sounds like sabotage to me.
  • Charlie001
    Options
    couch! couch! couch!:bigsmile:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

??????
  • Surflevan
    Options
    Being a man, I think you have a right on a cheat day to eat where YOU want to eat. Especially if he's not trying to be healthy and eating the good stuff all the time. Just saying.

Or he should of waited til you got your fix to eat stuff in front of you.

I hate plateau's, I'll run 2 or 3 miles longer just to break through them. Otherwise, i'll end up and dunkin donuts pissed that I can't lose weight.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    you have SUCH a right to be mad! sounds like he obviously doesnt care about your diet and it sounds like he's being a big ol' saboteur! and you know what happens to saboteurs? they get left behind. i like the idea of going by yourself, have some you time, get away from him for a bit. (and i dont think Charlie's idea is half bad XD couch him!)
  • carrieann8080
    Options
    You should make him pick some up for you! You are right that it is your treat and you should eat something that you really love and enjoy or it is just a waste. I feel for ya hon :)
  • DancingDreamer
    Options

??????

like make him sleep on the couch tonight :laugh:
  • Charlie001
    Options

??????

Make him sleep on the couch. :devil:
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options

That is exactly what I would do. In fact I do it on my cheat day. I take a Saturday, pick my favorite restaurant, huddle in a booth with a book and take my time at lunch. That gives me time to breathe and time for ME! Being a mother of 3 girls I don't get much ME time. Just take a deep breath and do what you want to do.
  • JGCowboy
    Options
    I love sushi! I would be upset if I were you and I'd go get it! If he isn't proud of you or going to support you, then don't give a *&^%, because we are all here for you!
  • angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I would be so mad. :mad: Simply because it is SUSHI! I love sushi too, and my husband pulls that crap all the time. I say I want sushi, he agrees and then changes his mind at the last minute. Men! :grumble:
  • btuman43
    Options

??????

like make him sleep on the couch tonight :laugh:

Heck, make him sleep on someone elses couch!!!
  • harleygurl72
    Options
    Yes you are allowed to be angry! He should be supportive of you, go to the Sushi Restaurant with you sit there while you eat your Sushi and not complain.
  • NikaBeth03
    Options
    I do believe my imaginary car would have been driving over his greasy meal! It was not fair for him to change his mind and grab something that would be so tempting to you. Support is so important when trying to loose weight, and what he did was the exact opposite of that. Next time, should this happen again, drop him off at the fast food joint and pick him up after you have had your sushi. That way you both get what you want. If that does not sound like a good option, then he may not want to change his mind so abruptly.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

That is exactly what I would do. In fact I do it on my cheat day. I take a Saturday, pick my favorite restaurant, huddle in a booth with a book and take my time at lunch. That gives me time to breathe and time for ME! Being a mother of 3 girls I don't get much ME time. Just take a deep breath and do what you want to do.

I agree here, I used to treat myself to sushi, alone, twice a month, because it's my FAVORITE food in the world. I would go, get a table for two, spread out my books on the other side, and fill my side with fishies! YUM! I would also take him aside, calmly, and explain that his actions came across as very insensitive to you, because you are working so hard and would like his support more often.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    yeah, that totally sucks! i would be pissed too because i love food and to eat and enjoy going out to nice places. :love:

what i will say from three years of marriage ............... my husband is the most wonderful kindest person, HOWEVER when
    he is hungry he can be like a 10-year old...... my dad is the same way.

maybe he was just hungry and the stomach took over?

if not and he was being unsupportable then - i AGREE - COUCH! heeheeee