"1 cup of water"

Options
13»

Replies

• Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I consider a cup 8 oz. so if your glass holds 12 oz drink two and you have completed 4 cups of water. If it's 16, then you have had one glass of water. Also, I count a regular sized bottle of water as 2. Hope this helps.

ETA when MFP is counting it's going by 8oz cups, for a total of 64oz of water in a day. that's the general rule of thumb. However, it's been suggested that you drink half your body weight in oz

Huh? if you have a couple that holds 12oz, and you drink two of those that is 24oz, which = 3 cups. If your cup is 16oz then you have had two glasses of water. You just said as your very first statement that a cup of water is 8oz which is true.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: oops!! I fixed it. Brain fart moment! Thanks.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Water is the only thing I'm not strictly measuring these days. I drink out of litre jars for the most part, and have two to five of them a day. At the end of the day (or sometimes in the middle), I guess at how many times I filled the jar and record it. I'm probably off by a few cups on either side, but not concerned.
  • iAMDeniseRenee
    Options
    Lol at some of these comments...
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    .. srsly?

When is a cup not a cup?

This ^ ^ :noway: :laugh: :indifferent:
  • molls10m
    Options
    I knew what you meant girl! And I actually have a 1 liter water bottle so I tend to try and just aim for drinking four of those. I never really track my water on here but I might start because of your post! That would give me about 16/17 cups per day!!! :)
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    250ml.

Now it makes sense!! ty!! I was so confused with this "oz" stuff :/

:laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    8ozs. My bottle of water is 16.9ozs. I try to drink around 6 a day, not including tea or coffee. Don't always remember to log them though:angry:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I'm not stupid i understand that a cup is 8 oz. But I didn't know if people actually measured it out or if they counted it as one still when using a normal sized drinking glass which usually holds closer to 12-16oz.

Thanks for being rude.
    People don't ask questions to be belittled ...
    1roZvra.jpg
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    May I recommend drinking your water from a fine pint glass, then you may imagine that you are enjoying a frosty pint of lager, which I find enhances the experience, especially at work. Cheers!

Hahaha. Awesome. :drinker: