Dear Fat Girl...

Options
I wanted to share something that might make you cry, but should definitely inspire you :)

http://crazymomgettingfit.blogspot.com/2014/09/dear-fat-girl.html

Dear Sarie,

I come to you tonight to offer a memory. It is March 20th 2013, and I currently weigh 240.2 pounds. Is it silly to write myself a letter when I am not even sure that I will ever change? Maybe... I want to lose weight. I know I have said that a thousand times, and I always give up. I am still not even sure that this will be any different, but tonight I had to buy new underwear because my other underwear are cutting too tightly into my hips. They are a size XXL. I honestly don't know how I let this happen... I don't understand why when I look in the mirror, I dont feel "THAT BIG." I am completely in denial. 240 pounds isnt THAT bad...right? Wrong. I am so miserable. If I ever follow through with this weight loss thing, and should ever NEED to read this, I guess the truth is better motivation than anything. I am miserable. I hide it well with a smile, but I still cry in the fitting rooms, and thats IF I even go clothes shopping anymore. They dont make cute clothes for "fat girls." I have a lot of "fat" friends who are absolutely as happy as can be with themselves. Why can't I be like that? I swear I fake it so often but I don't even look in the mirror anymore... I spend more time hiding from the camera, than I do actually enjoying myself. I rarely even go places anymore because I dont want to be seen like this... I hate when people watch me look through the clothing racks. It is absolutely humiliating to be seen grabbing the very last hanger in the back because I need size "whalephant." If by some act of God, you are reading this letter for motivation to keep pushing forward, hear me out. I am not happy. Underneath it all, I swear to you, I am not happy and I beg you to please not let me live my life like this. My husband and kids deserve so much better than this.....

Sincerely, Fat Girl.

Dear "Fat Girl,"

I come to you tonight to offer you a much needed lift in your spirits. Today is September 8th, 2014. I first of all, want to say, that you are a STRONG WOMAN. Absolutely every broken piece of you has been held together because you have a heart of gold. I hope that you knew somewhere in your heart that you had it in you, all along. I know this because I am you, over one year later. You are not a "fat-girl" anymore. You are not miserable anymore. You have fought against the wind, and walked uphill in the dark, backwards, blind, to fight your way to this point. NOTHING about the last year was easy, but every triumph shook off a few of those demons that used to hold you back. You ran a 5k without stopping. You can officially go clothes shopping without crying, and you certainly do NOT have to pick from the back of the racks anymore! You have lost 72 pounds! You went from someone who knew NOTHING about nutrition, to an aspiring nutritionist! You never stop smiling, and you walk with your head held high. It is amazing to be able to be around people and for once NOT wonder if they think you are fat. It is amazing to be able to get dressed, and NOT have to change clothes because of the way things fit. Nothing hugs too tightly, and nothing fits your shape awkwardly anymore. Yep- thats right! You have a shape! I know you were a broken soul before, but I need you to know that you were still able to succeed. I come to you tonight, proud. I am here to prove you wrong, because I always said one day I would. One day I would beat the odds; I would lose the weight. I know that behind that chubby smile was a LOT of depression, and today, both the depression and the chubby smile have packed up and left. You, are worth it. You were ALWAYS worth it, dearest fat girl. You just needed to prove it to yourself, because after all, you were the only one who didnt believe you could do it. Congratulations on your success, hot-stuff! Now lets go change lives!

Sincerely, Sarie. the NOT-fat-anymore-girl. xoxoxoxoxo

Replies

• runningmary6
    runningmary6 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LOVE that. Had to run for the Kleenex. We all have it in us to overcome.
  • anorrisdyer
    anorrisdyer Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is such an awesome letter. :)
  • MimiRob77
    MimiRob77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!
    Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the fact that you not only wrote the first letter but that you took the time to write the 2nd one and show yourself your accomplishments. Congratulations to you for all that you have become and that you were brave enough to take the first step!
  • MrsElguapo
    MrsElguapo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love that. So inspiring! You are inspiring! I couldn't have written that letter better myself. :)
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Made my day, thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • p_emmel5
    p_emmel5 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just WOW!!!! What an accomplishment. When you wrote the first letter did you ever think there would such a positive reply? :flowerforyou:
  • Sarie_Bronish
    Sarie_Bronish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Just WOW!!!! What an accomplishment. When you wrote the first letter did you ever think there would such a positive reply? :flowerforyou:

Honestly, I am pretty sure I was expecting to fail again. I never wouldve guessed that this was really it. It is so surreal to look back at that lol
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i have goosebumps....that was amazing to read. thank you for that! and congrats on all of your hard work!!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Beautiful post! Congratulations on all you've accomplished!
  • MarCarCas
    MarCarCas Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. Absolutely AMAZING! And congratulations on your success!
  • marywalsh3718
    marywalsh3718 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow! You rock!
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Love it. Love it. LOVE IT! The thing that leaps out at me, besides your amazing success, is that both letters are full of compassion. What a great post.
  • Sarie_Bronish
    Sarie_Bronish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I do my best to inspire others. I am really glad I wrote this letter to myself though. :)
  • losing4goodnow
    losing4goodnow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That was a great post! Congratulations on your success, both on the scale and off!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    You made me cry!
    It really touched me because a few month back I too wrote myself a letter.
    I don't remember what I wrote but I won't read it until I am where I need to be.
    Truly inspiring ! Thank you!
    I love the respect,love and credit you give your old self. So tired to hear about people who hate the "before" without giving credit to that wonderful spark that made then who they are today.
    We need to always love our selfs no matter what!!!!!!!!!
  • CarieK
    CarieK Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing, inspiring post! You've inspired me today to keep going. Thank you!!
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Amazing post. I think most people should write letters to themselves we let others call us name and hurt us but deep down we call ourselves those name and we hurt our selves maybe if we look it head on we can have the guts to follow thru with what we want to accomplish....
    Great post!
  • dawnarama7
    dawnarama7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    amazing. thank you so much for sharing this.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!