Outstanding!
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love this!
  • PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your well-deserved success. ! What an uplifting post as well.
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That is so beautiful. Fat does not always mean happy it more often than not means faking it. Thank you for sharing it with us.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I cried! What a beautiful post. I am amazed at all you achieved, not only the weightloss but the confidence gained and happiness in yourself :flowerforyou:
  • arilie91
    arilie91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's so inspiring! Thank you for sharing....i had to take a tissue after the 2nd letter :')
    I hope I'll tell myself the same things one day!
  • Sarie_Bronish
    Sarie_Bronish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words!!! I had no idea this post would be so popular :)
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I did cry. Congratulations on your success =)
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I loved this post. Very inspiring! Congratulations on all your success.
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Amazing congrats on your new journey truly inspirational!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yup. Cried.

I think the words that really inspired referred to working out in the dark, or at least that was my interpretation of them, and they really hit a chord - it's oh so too easy to say "I'm tired / it's been a long day / I have to get up early / I don't have the energy" etc. etc. etc. The strength of character shows in thinking all of that and doing it [the exercise] anyway.

Thank you hunny.
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    this is great,the idea of writing a letter to yourself is wonderful. I was writing a diary since i was 12 and now at the age of 19 reading it,being 50 lbs lighter makes me feel sorry about myself.

So i suggest everyone to just write yourself a message,doesn't matter at what period of your life you are.

CONGRATS on your weight loss,you're inspiring :)
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and congrats!
  • for3vertrying
    for3vertrying Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Made me tear up. Congrats to you :D
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I related to every bit of that, except the shopping for clothes part, because I STILL cry when I go shopping, only now it's out of disbelief that I can fit into things that I never DREAMED I could before. I'm still suffering a little from the "I don't belong in this section" syndrome and I keep wanting to run back to the plus sizes because I've always felt "comfortable" there.

Fortunately, nothing there fits me anymore. :)

Thanks for sharing this.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    "I hide it well with a smile, but I still cry in the fitting rooms, and thats IF I even go clothes shopping anymore."
    I remember feeling like this.
    "It is amazing to be able to be around people and for once NOT wonder if they think you are fat. It is amazing to be able to get dressed, and NOT have to change clothes because of the way things fit. Nothing hugs too tightly, and nothing fits your shape awkwardly anymore. Yep- thats right! You have a shape!"
    I love feeling like this!

Poignantly written-Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou:
    You are stronger than the amount of weight you can lift, you endure more than the distance you can run, and you are far more beautiful than your mirror reflects. Blessings~
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm having one of those days. Thanks for lifting my spirits! :smooched:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    :heart: nice share, thank you!!:flowerforyou:
  • jc_0324
    Options
    That was wonderful, sad and hits home. Thank you for sharing.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing! I'm going to do this for myself now. Thanks for the inspiration! :love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!