124»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    I'll just stick with this brand....
    6ob9ahgxBhUDN-5ouXCI9yKLVwCIc1g68eUm-MGBQyYr7BCDOz9_wwrhj-Y6T_WgRA=w300

If I have to go with a national chain, yes. Papa John's all the way.

Rather go with Napoletana-style pizza and enjoy a much more delicious pizza that just happens to have fewer calories for the same size slice.

you know- I live in the Tri-State area- and I get a LOT - and I do mean a LOT of crapola from people that I eat chain pizza- but when I get mom and pop pizza- esp with green peppers- it's awful. and never consistent.

At least when I order Papa Johns- I know what I'm getting EVER.SINGLE.TIME.

My bf-when we first started dating- swore upways- sideways-backways- papa john's was horrible and mom and pop was the way to go... he lived out side NYC- I live in South Jersey.

After wasting money on 3-4 different places- I finally said- Let's do Papa Johns.

shut his smart a44 right on up. Because it was unquestionably better than the other places.

so the deal became Papa John's by me- and whatever place he wanted by him.

It's seriously NOT that bad.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    I'll just stick with this brand....
    6ob9ahgxBhUDN-5ouXCI9yKLVwCIc1g68eUm-MGBQyYr7BCDOz9_wwrhj-Y6T_WgRA=w300

If I have to go with a national chain, yes. Papa John's all the way.

Rather go with Napoletana-style pizza and enjoy a much more delicious pizza that just happens to have fewer calories for the same size slice.

you know- I live in the Tri-State area- and I get a LOT - and I do mean a LOT of crapola from people that I eat chain pizza- but when I get mom and pop pizza- esp with green peppers- it's awful. and never consistent.

At least when I order Papa Johns- I know what I'm getting EVER.SINGLE.TIME.

My bf-when we first started dating- swore upways- sideways-backways- papa john's was horrible and mom and pop was the way to go... he lived out side NYC- I live in South Jersey.

After wasting money on 3-4 different places- I finally said- Let's do Papa Johns.

shut his smart a44 right on up. Because it was unquestionably better than the other places.

so the deal became Papa John's by me- and whatever place he wanted by him.

It's seriously NOT that bad.

No, it's not bad at all. It's actually pretty good.

But I'm lucky. I live near one of the places that ranks in several of the 'best pizzas in the U.S.' lists. And it is way better (and has produced a consistent product every time I've gone). Plus, it's not just their pizzas they're famous for - it's their sandwiches, too. They have a meatball sub and a Cuban that are absolutely to die for. It's a challenge to decide what to get, sometimes.

But, to be honest, my best pizza isn't necessarily your best pizza, and it certainly isn't my friends' best pizza ... so you find what you like, and you go with it. And you scratch your head when someone has another opinion :P
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    California pizza kitchen chipotle chicken and black bean with some extra chicken on it. 12-1300 hundred for the whole pizza.

I love CPK! I'm an entire pizza eating kinda gal.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    grimmeanor wrote: »
    Here's a thought.

Order a regular Pizza Hut Pizza and just eat 1/3 less of it.

It's no different than what they did with this pizza, where it is the exact same crust, and same toppings, just less of each per slice.

The article says the crust and toppings are thinner.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Pizza hut pizza is fried - which is why so many people like it. Talk about taking something that is already "bad" for you and making it much worse.They use deep dish style pans and literally PUMP the canola oil into the pans. Have the exact same pizza at another restaurant and save the cal's that way (by avoiding all of the oil).

Just my 0.02$

PS: I agree with others here - pizza hut pizza sux. :)

That's just the pan pizza. Pizza Hut thin crust or hand tossed is made similar to other chains. But then, since Dominoes and Little Ceasar's now both offer pan pizza, PH pan is also similar to other chains.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    California pizza kitchen chipotle chicken and black bean with some extra chicken on it. 12-1300 hundred for the whole pizza.

How big is the pizza? That's about my dinner calorie allotment so I could eat the whole thing. If there was a CPK near me, that is. I've never had beans on a pizza.