How Do You Feel About AVOCADOS?

Options
I love Avocados. I've done some research but im getting mixed answers. Will it be a good snack for my diet?(trying to lose weight)

My current snacks: Carrots & PB
Kellogs 100cal pastry bars
Cashews
Bananas

Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Just work it into your calories. I LOVE avocados!!!
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    Love them too! Especially in Salvadorian guacamole. Yum. make sure you work them into your calorie goals. They're fatty, but good fatty :bigsmile:
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm. Avocado.

Much more satisfying than the pastry bars you mention.
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know all their benefits. I know how amazing and versatile they are. I know how great they are for you.
    I still hate them.
    I don't like the texture or the taste. I have tried them so many different ways trying to force them into my diet, but I can't seem to find a way to hide them in anything and it still be palatable for me... :(
    If you can eat them - more power to you!
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I eat at least a quarter of an avacado nearly everyday and I've lost 19 pounds in about 7 months. They are a great fruit and heart healthy.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I love them! I do limit myself to no more than 1/2 of one a day. But I put them on everything I can think of to eat. I don't think they would be good as a snack all by themselves since, like nuts, they're a lot of (good) fat, but added to one of your meals would be nice.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I know all their benefits. I know how amazing and versatile they are. I know how great they are for you.
    I still hate them.
    I don't like the texture or the taste. I have tried them so many different ways trying to force them into my diet, but I can't seem to find a way to hide them in anything and it still be palatable for me... :(
    If you can eat them - more power to you!

Try blending with peanut butter, cocoa powder, and a sweetener. So yummy!!!
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    yummy fats!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I love avocados. Creamy, yummy, good for you. I usually eat it guacamole.
  • Marbella29660
    Marbella29660 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just work it into your calories. I LOVE avocados!!!

^^^ This
  • teambell1
    teambell1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank God for avocados! I love them and eat them daily. Also love to make my own guacamole...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    They are great. I like them plain or on a sandwich, but also consider making guacamole with avocado, red onions, cilantro, tomatoes, lime, and jalapenos if you like them, and using them as a dip for raw veggies.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    avocados are delicious and very healthy and good for you. they just have a lot of calories, so just watch how much you have.
  • pilotricky
    Options
    Tnx guys! I grew up eating avocados and i love them. just wasnt sure if i should add them to my weight loss diet. I add them and how it goes!
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Oh and to keep and avocado fresh keep the seed in the unused portion. As for avocado snacks delicious spread like butter on a slice of whole grain toast with a dash of salt and pepper.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Have you met my baby? I named him Avocado......
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I make them fit into my diet. Nice healthy fats, and so yummy. I usually eat 2 or 3 of them each week. I prefer to just eat them plain in salads or on a sandwich, or I make chocolate avocado pudding as a dessert.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    besides the health benefits
    i dont understand why people like avocados they are so bland.
    but i love guacamole! LOL!

useless post!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Personally, and this may be just me, but I don't feel them. Cut them open, add some diced garlic, tomatoes, onions, and some chips. Nom nom nom. . . .dat gum it. . . . . .need chips. . . . .and now I'm hungry:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love them....I even have a chocolate pudding recipe that is made from them.....Delicious!!!