I am not gonna have a pitty party.... but have to vent

Options
2»

Replies

• Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    First of all, this is a success because you're admitting that you've struggled. You know that things haven't been going the way you'd like, and that you don't know what to do. This is the good news. Let go of the past. There's nothing you can do about it. It's over. Stop beating yourself up for what you did yesterday. Last week. Last month. Last year. Today is a new day. Focus on what you WANT to do. Unfortunately, **** is gonna happen. We're ALL gonna have bad days. Even bad weeks. The main thing is, that they don't win.

Sit down and evaluate what's going on. Are you eating more due to stress? Or making choices that are putting extra pounds on due to stress? It's not uncommon for people to turn to the one thing that's always been a "comfort" in times of stress. For some, it's food. If this is the case, it's good to recognize this, so that when you are stressed, you know this is the "old stand by" so to speak, and to begin looking into new positive coping/comfort skills when you're stressed. I know it's not an overnight thing, but it's possible.

If this isn't the case, and it's just a motivation thing from having a few bad days, then those bad days turning into a bad week, and having a hard time "getting back to it" so to speak, that's one great thing about being here. Start making it a priority to log your food, no matter how good or bad of a day you've had. It will keep you accountable, and keep you motivated. If you had a bad day, you had a bad day. Don't beat yourself up. No one is perfect. Tomorrow is always another chance to get it right. Don't ever give up because it was a bad day. Don't feel like you have to be running marathons or walking for hours, either. Do what you can do. It's about your personal best and health. The thing that matters most is that you're doing it for YOU! I'm proud that you're wanting to help yourself, and I believe YOU can do it!