How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Okay I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but I do... BUT I don't do it to see the weight lose.

I use my Wii and I do a body test every morning.

If you dont have one - You stand on the Wii Fit Board and it measures your balance and weighs you.

My balance is terrible so I am trying to improve this and I want to keep an eye on my BMI - which it also does, and when it measures these, there is a button to see your weight and it is SOO tempting to click it.

But surely if I keep in my calories, drink enough water and exercise I shouldn't be disappointed by the number on the scale?

So how often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Everyday

But i understand that my weight fluctuates due to sodium, exercise, water, hormones and where I am in my cycle. Heck I've even been sunburnt and weighed 3lbs heavier haha

If you can handle the change from day to day then it's some interesting data to watch. If you attach an emotional value to it then choose a day in the week, or the same day in your monthly cycle to weigh in :flowerforyou:

Edited: coz English is hard lolz
  • Helenad4
    Options
    I was weighing myself every night and it could change by anything up to 3lbs.

This week I've put my weighing scales into the top of the press and I'm not taking it out until next Tuesday (last weighed in on Tuesday gone by) to see how it goes, I'm hoping that there will be a drop and then it will keep me motivated.
  • belucky1
    belucky1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    personally think you should only weigh in once a week at the same time etc that way you get a better picture of how much you have lost, but everyone is different so it really is what suits you.:happy:
  • manshusgr
    manshusgr Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Everyday coz I lose everyday
  • elinegri
    elinegri Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh myself once a day, every morning after I wake up. Usually I will see fluctuations which is expected from daily weighing but I only add my Friday weight every week to MFP dairy.

So I weigh everyday for maintenance, but only record once a week for records.
  • dhaemon
    dhaemon Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Once a week, same day, in the morning.
  • TestingFun01
    TestingFun01 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Once a week...and sometimes even once a month.
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Everyday
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with weighing yourself daily if you understand it's just data with no emotional attachment.
    Stepping on the scales in the morning is just part of my routine the same as brushing my teeth.

It's the emotional attachment or lack of understanding of normal weight fluctuations that can be the problem not the frequency of weighing.
  • kiwionamission
    kiwionamission Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yep everyday for me part of a habit
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Everyday

But i understand that my weight fluctuates due to sodium, exercise, water, hormones and where I am in my cycle. Heck I've even been sunburnt and weighed 3lbs heavier haha

If you can handle the change from day to day then it's some interesting data to watch. If you attach an emotional value to it then choose a day in the week, or the same day in your monthly cycle to weigh in :flowerforyou:

Edited: coz English is hard lolz

^ Lol totally agree!
    My doctor suggested to weigh myself everyday rather than once a week and it is very interesting to observe! It definitely gives me a boast of motivation throughout the day. You should weigh yourself in the mornings after you've finished all your business in the loo and before you've eaten anything for the best results! :)
  • Weightwatcher72
    Weightwatcher72 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but the weight I count is what I weigh at my I weekly weight watchers meeting
  • kezwbatay
    kezwbatay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Every day as soon as I get up but log on Fridays...
  • Nicole_BGA
    Nicole_BGA Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Daily but I only record once a week. I aim for about 4lb a month (in it for the long haul and I still want to eat chocolate everyday!)
    It means I get a better idea of where I am and I don't have that "oh no I gained or haven't lost!" Cos if the day before or day after it says I lost 2lb I know I'm heading in the right direction... That sounds better in my head than on paper but hopefully you know what I mean!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Everyday!
  • CLM1227
    CLM1227 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but only log my weight (and measurements) Fridays and Mondays (Weekends are bad for me and I can't manage to control it).

The daily weighing this week helped me see a lot of water-weight change. Monday, I was 6 lbs up from last Friday and after 60oz of water, I was down 3lbs the next day. It was fascinating to me to see the water weight change =p And its become a bit of a challenge to hit my water goal daily.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    At the moment I try to keep it to twice a week, Wednesday and Saturday, first thing in the morning. If I'm particularly concerned about a day when I might possibly have screwed up (like I really NEEDED that Swedish pancake breakfast at Ikea last weekend??) I'll probably hop on an extra morning just to see what damage I might have done. (I offset the breakfast with moderation later in the day and I was fine... whew...)
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I have heart failure so I must weigh everyday to see if I am retaining water. (3 pounds in two days or 5 in a week). If so, I have to adjust my diuretics.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week, every Saturday morning as soon as I get up.

I do have a lot of friends that weigh everyday but I know myself and I would freak out with the daily up and down fluctuations.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself every morning after loo and before intake; I then enter my weight into fitbit, and it syncs with MFP and trendweight. Easy! It eliminates the fretting over normal fluctuations.