woman 5' 7" - 5'8"

Options
2»

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hey! this is a great topic!
    I am 5´7´´ and I looked just now and Im also small boned (I was sure I was medium, haha! nice news). I weight now 142 lbs and I want to reach 121. I know lot of people have the goal to reach my weight but I am simply not happy. I am 24 years old and I feel i should live and eat healthier to be able to stay fit all my life.
    I actually started one year ago with the healthy life and i went from 160lbs to 130lbs, but then I gained back to 142lbs. I think all in all I have made some progress and now I am ready to continue. This change has helped my health a lot and since i started eating all these vegetables i have not been sick. I am quite proud of myself.
    The main goal is to loose those 20lbs and also to start jogging in spring! For now I will do some pilates at home to make my body stretch a little, since I have sedentary school/work and I am all fat and no muscles;)
    Lets do it girls!
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and currently weigh 135, my top weight was 272 two years ago, I have a medium frame. I really feel confortable at this weight and it is so much easier to do everything. The biggest problem I have now is people (always women) tell me I look sick and should eat something and gain some weight, I'm not sure how to take that. Anyway I think as long as you're within the guidelines for a healthy weight for your height, you should find that weight that you feel comfortable at and you are healthy at. I too have a bad back, mine is the L5 S1 and it pinches my siatic nerve on the left side, I also have a ruptured disc in my neck between C6 and C7, which also pinches a nerve. I'm very curious to know how those of you did after having surgery, I've refused it up to this point because everyone I've known who has had back surgery always seems worse off than before. So for now I get the steriod epidurals which work really well for a month or two and not so much after that.
  • madhousenmich
    madhousenmich Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @madhouse, you have ethnicity in your court! black girls can lose faster than white girls! lucky! ;o)

you measure the size of your wrists, mine are 6" around. I believe but I'd better google it because it's been years since i read that...

Ugh it doesnt feel like it, its still hard but I am making it my goal to lose this weight.
    I measured my wrist and its 7inch around so I have a large frame so maybe I should keep my goal at 150 but I may try 140 (but not too hard LOL)
  • gsg37
    gsg37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 5"7.5 also and have a goal of getting down to the 150's. Right now this sounds way out of reach for me since the lowest I have gotten in a while is the high 160's, but I have my mind set so hoping I can do this! I don't desire to be really skinny just at a comfortable, healthy weight and most of all to feel good in my clothes. I am tired of having to "adjust" myself in my clothes constantly! Well, best of luck to you and everyone else in reaching their goals!
  • madhousenmich
    madhousenmich Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and currently weigh 135, my top weight was 272 two years ago, I have a medium frame. I really feel confortable at this weight and it is so much easier to do everything. The biggest problem I have now is people (always women) tell me I look sick and should eat something and gain some weight, I'm not sure how to take that. Anyway I think as long as you're within the guidelines for a healthy weight for your height, you should find that weight that you feel comfortable at and you are healthy at.

WOW I cant believe someone would say that yoo you! 135 is a great weight as long as your happy thats all that matters.
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and currently weigh 135, my top weight was 272 two years ago, I have a medium frame. I really feel confortable at this weight and it is so much easier to do everything. The biggest problem I have now is people (always women) tell me I look sick and should eat something and gain some weight, I'm not sure how to take that. Anyway I think as long as you're within the guidelines for a healthy weight for your height, you should find that weight that you feel comfortable at and you are healthy at.

WOW I cant believe someone would say that yoo you! 135 is a great weight as long as your happy thats all that matters.

Yeah similar things happened to me. My heaviest was 320, and when I got into the 180 range people started telling me i looked sick and needed "to eat a sandwich", but I was losing at a healthy rate- and clearly a size 14 is not a too skinny rate. I chalked it up to be a little bit of jealousy or bitterness from people that I was able to change myself so much.